My new project

Chris

So with the new family bus not being anywhere near as fun to drive as the old 2.5T S-Max I decided to treat myself to a new cheap project. I've got myself a 2003 MINI Cooper S! It was bought without seeing/test driving but having tracked down a previous owner I was happy enough. The car arrived on the back of a trailer, side skirts in the car with some aftermarket 15" wheels on. 

DSC_0896.thumb.JPG.a11f270024056fd2284b8df63b1a2041.JPGDSC_0899.thumb.JPG.2ba0f89216350d7962f87de26b315ec3.JPG

First job was to fit the skirts back on so ordered the clips and got them done followed by a set of genuine 16" MINI wheels to keep me going while I decide what to do with it. 

DSC_0947.thumb.JPG.a112d95782bfbd2069acc079a1599d17.JPG

It has a few bits already done:-

Reduced supercharger pulley

K&N Typhoon induction kit

Aftermarket performance exhaust (no idea which) - which needs new tail pipes or replacing!

The interior has been "flocked" but looks alright. It has full leather too which is nice.

DSC_0955.thumb.jpg.1a58a07ed566e78c4fe4ce8bda426aa9.jpg

Edited by Chris
  • Like 3

Took it for a little spin this morning. It's like a blinking go kart! The supercharger whine is addictive! Got a few niggles I'm working through. Discovered the second O2 sensor is shorting and blowing a fuse which affects a few things. I've disconnected it for the time being and the fuse is no longer blowing! Need to sort what I want to do with the wheels too. I need a new stereo as I need Bluetooth streaming. Finally (for now) I need to sort the bodywork. The bonnet is slightly off centre so it overhangs on one side by a few MM. 

I also need to tidy up the headlights and the interior trim as it's a bit worn and tired..some has been wrapped badly so needs to come off or be replaced. 

DSC_0992.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...