Android Auto Maps in dash display

ayrshiredude

Wondering if anyone knows this.  I use google maps via Android Auto but every time I use it the map on the dash goes to the built in Maps but with no route showing.  I usually use the dash display with the 2 dials on it.  However I notice that if I cycle through the different dash's then the one with the 2 boxes at either side shows the google maps (basic) route in the centre.  Is it possible for the google maps route to be displayed in the centre of the 2 dials display rather than the Skoda maps?

I hope i have described this correctly.

You can add the details from the green panel turn instructions in the the dials through the dashboard options. It's one of the alternatives in the same way fuel range or media details are.

However full maps in the instrument display is not part of Android Auto yet. It is in development but it won't be an existing car upgrade as far as can see

https://9to5google.com/2021/05/18/android-auto-instrument-cluster/

Edited by BenNW

5 hours ago, BenNW said:

You can add the details from the green panel turn instructions in the the dials through the dashboard options. It's one of the alternatives in the same way fuel range or media details are.

However full maps in the instrument display is not part of Android Auto yet. It is in development but it won't be an existing car upgrade as far as can see

https://9to5google.com/2021/05/18/android-auto-instrument-cluster/

I understand you can't get the full map on the middle screen, I am looking for the basic Arrow turn symboils.  I don't seem to get it if I have the Dials selected.  I have added a couple of pics so you can see.  Pic 1 shows the Dials display and thats the built in map that always comes up when I select to navigate with Google maps, pic 2 is the only display that seems to show the direction arrows from Google Maps.  Is there a way to change the built in maps display on the Dials display to show the arrow directions from Google Maps?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Yes you can. For the dials view I've got range on the left dial and route guidance on the right

You can set it through the Infotainment:

https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w/en_GB/show/bba16491e67d9dc70adf42c7069a8cfb_6_en_GB?ct=bba16491e67d9dc70adf42c7069a8cfb_6_en_GB#titled280144041e33161

Instructions are in the section 'Setting the pre-selection option for the display of additional information'

Edited by BenNW

2 hours ago, BenNW said:

Yes you can. For the dials view I've got range on the left dial and route guidance on the right

You can set it through the Infotainment:

https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w/en_GB/show/bba16491e67d9dc70adf42c7069a8cfb_6_en_GB?ct=bba16491e67d9dc70adf42c7069a8cfb_6_en_GB#titled280144041e33161

Instructions are in the section 'Setting the pre-selection option for the display of additional information'

Can't seem to open that, its in a foreign language and needs to log in.  Is it not possible to have the android route guidence in the middle?

6 minutes ago, ayrshiredude said:

Can't seem to open that, its in a foreign language and needs to log in.  Is it not possible to have the android route guidence in the middle?

On the dials? No. 

Here's the information from the PDF manual I got before Skoda seems to have stopped making them available online

Capture.PNG