VRS 245 - Engine warning light 15462 - Control Circuit for Coolant Bypass Valve / 20277 - Terminal 15 Voltage

2017 VRS 245 on 37K

Anyone seen these fault codes? Engine warning light came on about a week ago, went off again for a couple of days and came back on again.  After another couple of days the lights gone out again.

I've had the car since new and I bought the extended to five year warranty at purchase, but the local Skoda dealer want £100+ for diagnosis so I'd quite like to know if I'm likely to get that back.   

Not really using the car til it goes in on Monday but I'm assuming if the light is now off nothing is going to go pop, but confirmation would be nice.     

Google doesn't seem to give me much joy.  

image.png.9afa343632f94f5ac156fa601d1293aa.png

Basically, the bypass coolant valve seems to be faulty and it looks like the fault has already been reset once before (either by the car or the garage), so this says to be the valve needs to be replaced.  The only reference to Terminal 15 voltage signal implausible is refers to activating High Beam or Lights Assist - I would suggest that fault is not related, but keep an eye on it.

Well Skoda Garage have found a leak from the thermostat/water pump and think coolant must have got into the electrics....big job (and big bill if I didn't have a warranty). I'm sure my earlier googling did come up with similar as a potential cause on an Audi forum when I think about it, but the car has never reported low coolant. (My previous MK2 VRS fairly frequently told me it needed a top up but I never found a leak)

Edited by juan27

On 01/10/2021 at 10:33, varaderoguy said:

Basically, the bypass coolant valve seems to be faulty and it looks like the fault has already been reset once before (either by the car or the garage), so this says to be the valve needs to be replaced.  The only reference to Terminal 15 voltage signal implausible is refers to activating High Beam or Lights Assist - I would suggest that fault is not related, but keep an eye on it.

Thanks for your response, just wondering for future reference what leads you to think the fault had been reset? 

Edited by juan27