Any info on the VRS ?

Sw1

Hi All,

Not been on the site for a while but had many Skoda's over the years, given this week's fuel crisis it's confirmed my choice to go Electric.

Going to chop in my Superb 280 l&k, been a great car for the last four years.

Test drive of an Enyaq 80 on Monday, have a very high spec 80x done on the configurator (around 55k) with every option ticked. I hear there is a vRS coming, anyone know when this will be available for order.

Debating placing the 80x order next week unless the vRS is a big difference .

Guessing around a 4-5 month lead time 

Thanks.

I've read that the vrs is probably going to be next year, but also by my local dealer that its not going to happen.

I'll take the dealer with a pinch of salt though.

A fully specced sportline 80x is very close in price to the vw id4 gtx max, which had the 300bhp twin motor set up that the vrs will have and is fully loaded.   Maybe look at that as well.

• Like 1

I’ve got a pretty high spec’d 80X on order (not as high as yours tho). It has no current anticipated delivery date but admittedly it was only confirmed with Skoda last week. Depending where you read the 80x has a shorter lead time than 60 or standard 80 models but don’t know if that’s true. The enyaq came out £30-40 a month cheaper than the GTX max plus it’s a much nicer place to sit and in real terms I can’t imagine there much between them in performance. I did read that the VRS was going to be released next year and potentially it was not going to come to the UK market but then Skoda said the same about the 80X so who knows. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ljel14 said:

I’ve got a pretty high spec’d 80X on order (not as high as yours tho). It has no current anticipated delivery date but admittedly it was only confirmed with Skoda last week. Depending where you read the 80x has a shorter lead time than 60 or standard 80 models but don’t know if that’s true. The enyaq came out £30-40 a month cheaper than the GTX max plus it’s a much nicer place to sit and in real terms I can’t imagine there much between them in performance. I did read that the VRS was going to be released next year and potentially it was not going to come to the UK market but then Skoda said the same about the 80X so who knows. 

Thanks for the responses, think I will stick with the 80x , will probably place an order next week. They lady at the dealership told me lead times were shorter for the 80x (probably due to price).

When I placed my order for the sportline 80 (I'm also replacing a Superb 280 4x4), I was told that the lead time for the 80x was 12 weeks, the 80 was 20 weeks and the 60 was 30 weeks.

While I'd love the the 80x, £3k extra for 60 odd bhp is a bit too rich for me.

Also, the enyaq interior is much nicer than the id4 ( the non gtx id4 interior is really horrible. A brown dashboard with stitching to make it look nothing like leather.  Mmmmmmmm), so I don't blame you for sticking with the Skoda.

Edited by roo
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1