mini camper - using Vauxhall Astra Van?

wilson-uk-85

Hi,

I have though about buying a Vauxhall Astra van in the mk5 era which is derived from an Astra Estate car although the mk5 Astra car ended at I think 10 plate and the van finished at 2013 63 plate but there's plenty decent vehicles on the market, although the better examples seem to be increasing in price. It's rare to see a Mk4 Astra van and the MK3's are virtually obsolete. It's a shame Vauxhall axed them, they had been in production since 1981 starting as a bedford van and following the Astra generations for 32 years.

I'm going to try and aim for a 2011-2013 Astra van. They all seem to be the 1.7 CDTI diesel (1686cc) though. I'm hoping to equip the van with a small bed also used as a bench seat with under storage also hosting a small 12v battery for led lighting and 12v accessories, curtains both behind the front seats and over rear tailgate window, a miniature TV maybe around 10-12"+ above the bottom end of the bed behind front passenger seat, you'd sleep facing forwards. 

A tiny wash hand basin with fresh water drawn from a storage container appox. 10 litre and a matching one for waste water, a lid can cover the sink for counter top purposes. A portable stove which uses them aerosol gas cannisters which fit in side will be ideal for cooking. 

can anyone help with ideas???

51e35d08f7b046e2b0b7b23b3f1cac01.jpg