Will they fit?

buzcro

I'm looking at aftermarket wheels for the Octavia 4. I want to go for the 18" . The factory width of the wheel is 7.5J. I found that most of the aftermarket wheels are sized 8J. If i keep the same tire size od 225/45 I know that the tires will fit on the new wheel. But will the wheels fit on the car? I calculated the difference on willtheyfit.com and got that the new wheel would be 6.3 mm closer to the suspension and that the outer rim will poke 6.3 mm more than standard. I understand all that in theory but I don't understand what that means in practice. Is this a lot? Will it be a problem?

TL;DR version:

I want to go from 225/45 7.5Jx18" ET48 to 225/45 8.0Jx18" ET48. Will they rub on the fenders or on the inside of the wheel arch due to the 12.6mm overall larger width or no?