Rear interior lights

Please help I can't seem to turn off the rear passenger interior lights .. the ones in the boot I cam turn off via the switch in the roof centre console switches but not the rear passenger ones ... I've even tried to switch them off via the switches on the lights but no good  . They do go off when u lock the car .. thanks 

Check the switch on the front roof console that operates the rear passenger lights - chances are it's been pressed accidentally.

You can switch the interior lights on/ off individually, or switch them on/off using the switch in the front roof console mentioned above, and there’s another switch on there also that operates the interior lights when a door is open.

• 3 weeks later...

What model do you have and what country are you in?  If it's an SE without the highline lights then there will only be one on one of the tailgate light clusters, as the other one is a dummy with no LED's in it.

8 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Hangi modele sahipsiniz ve hangi ülkedesiniz? Highline lambaları olmayan bir SE ise, bagaj kapağı ışık kümelerinden sadece biri olacaktır, diğeri ise içinde LED olmayan bir kukladır.

from Turkey
I have the ambition model
As you said, the led holes in the right side are empty and put as a dummy

However, when I removed the rear trunk lid while mounting the camera, I noticed that there was a cable infrastructure for the right side.

54 minutes ago, SLOTMACHINE said:

However, when I removed the rear trunk lid while mounting the camera, I noticed that there was a cable infrastructure for the right side.

Now that's interesting as I was wondering whether the cables might be there so I could retrofit a cluster from a higher spec model but hadn't got round to checking...

1 hour ago, skomaz said:

retrofit a cluster from a higher spec model

What differences are you expecting? UK Škodas only have one fog light - or at least all the ones I’ve ever owned have only had one, including the new one.

6 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

What differences are you expecting? UK Škodas only have one fog light - or at least all the ones I’ve ever owned have only had one, including the new one.

A second reversing light on the nearside is what I'm after.  The single fog light and lack of rear lights on the tailgate doesn't bother me, although I have enabled both fog lights on the previous Fabia and Octavia

10 minutes ago, skomaz said:

A second reversing light on the nearside is what I'm after

Ah, fair enough. Didn’t realise that wasn’t standard across the board. But on that topic, I’m convinced the reverse lights on the new one are a lot less bright, or at least illuminate less of the road behind you, than the old one. That’s a bit annoying for me.

40 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Ah, fair enough. Didn’t realise that wasn’t standard across the board. But on that topic, I’m convinced the reverse lights on the new one are a lot less bright, or at least illuminate less of the road behind you, than the old one. That’s a bit annoying for me.

Yep...   For some reason the lower specs get a single light on the 'wrong' side...   So I'm learning to reverse a manual whilst riding the brakes as the brake lights are far brighter.

Hopefully thats the only annoying issue on your new one though...   As it looks a cracking motor otherwise!

3 minutes ago, skomaz said:

So I'm learning to reverse a manual whilst riding the brakes as the brake lights are far brighter.

Much easier is to put your hazards on - the light is intermittent, but bright.

1 minute ago, DaveMiller said:

Much easier is to put your hazards on - the light is intermittent, but bright.

Good thinking...   I'll try that next time.

Probably both but they need to be bright enough and positioned correctly to illuminate the area you are reversing into in the dark...