Front and rear wipers on all the time

Mj7866

I got a Skoda fabia 1.0 MPI 2015. Recently I've had an issue with both front and rear wipers. The front wipers won't stay off on the off option and rear ones activate when I put the car in reverse. Would any1 know the issue. This started after I took the car for a wash, however no water used inside 

My wife has a 2015 VW Polo, but so far it has not suffered this typical failure, it is only too easy to roll out the usual "a known issue with many VW/SEAT/Skoda and maybe Audi" models of this size of car, but the switches/controls assembly is usually the root cause.

There is an easy way to work out if this is probably the problem, but that requires you to have or get the use of VCDS or similar to carry out a demanded function and see what the controller's response is - getting a main dealer to do that would probably cost as much as the switch assembly though.

The fact that the rear wiper works, or sweeps once when the car is in reverse just proves that the controller has "seen" that the front wipers have been switched on at the time, though in your case not a deliberate action by you!