Garage recommendations

Hi all, first time poster on a forum. 

I'm after some advice in regards to getting my fabia vrs fixed. It has developed a rattle which I think may be the water pump.

Can anyone reccomend a garage in the Manchester area that can diagnose and fix this issue. 

I work away a lot and don't have time to do it myself.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

On 16/10/2021 at 16:06, Jonnomalp said:

Hi all, first time poster on a forum. 

I'm after some advice in regards to getting my fabia vrs fixed. It has developed a rattle which I think may be the water pump.

Can anyone reccomend a garage in the Manchester area that can diagnose and fix this issue. 

I work away a lot and don't have time to do it myself.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Buy the water pump first, Its less than £70 from amazon ,£180 was the cheapest I could get it at a local motor factors with a trade discount.

To put it into perspective Skoda wanted £550, coast me less than £100 to do myself and that included replacing the 2 aux belts and 2 hours of my time.

2 hours ago, Jonnomalp said:

Thanks for the reply, I will have a look online for the pump. 

How difficult of a job was it? I would be doing it on the roadside if I did it myself.

Pretty easy when you’ve done to once buddy , You only need to Jack up the drivers side and go in through the wheel arch and bonnet, No more than 3-4 hours.

Remove the lower boost pipe, supercharger cover, 2 Aux belts held by tensioners require an angled 16mm spanner or the official vag tool T10241or bodge yourself up a bent spanner.Use 16mm spanner To hold the  charger shaft and loosen the supercharger pulley and pop the 2 aux belts off.

2 bolts hold on the supercharger bracket and 4 screws to take of the water pump.

Fit new pump and do everything in reverse.

A0F9938F-ED88-4DB5-B13B-984C60E7B19E.jpeg.ea566046d265f797c52e368ab78a9bae.jpeg

P.S  All the part numbers are listed in another thread 

Edited by Mickmartin

I do most things on my vrs myself but it’s so much easier on a ramp , I use ashton’s autoworx in oldham I wouldn’t use anyone else on jobs like this as like mickmartin said they try and take the mickey some garages but this one is the best I’ve ever used 

Thanks for all the info people. 

I'm really struggling to get a day to even look at the car, I will give autoworx an email tonight and see how much they reckon. 

Thanks again everyone. 

46 minutes ago, Jonnomalp said:

Thanks for all the info people. 

I'm really struggling to get a day to even look at the car, I will give autoworx an email tonight and see how much they reckon. 

Thanks again everyone. 

Skoda want £550 to give you a kind of ball park figure.