Better lights !

O.C.D.

I've a 2017 fabia colour edition with projection headlights but the illumination I'm getting from them is not great .

Any suggestions on bulb upgrades...I've read about folks getting the likes of Osram night breaker bulbs but say they make very little difference 🤔. LED bulbs?

Edited by O.C.D.

I'm coming from a Mark 1 so it might be completely different as I don't know what the headlights are like on the Mk3 and so on. However, I bought these Philips X-Treme bulbs to replace the candles in mine and wow, they're a lot better. These are the ones I bought, should your car take the H7 fitting then you're all good. I also replaced the H3s in mine, just to be sure.

bulbs.thumb.JPG.68866f2838443a6e8cbec440259412bc.JPG

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, O.C.D. said:

Osram night breaker bulbs but say they make very little difference

Even the +100% Nightbreakers only actually give 10% better range. Attempts to "get better lights" by using fog lights just dazzle everyone except people following you (you included).

Fitting LED lights or plasma discharge units is likely to break the law unless you also add headlight washers and automatic beam aimers, which is expensive.

Auxiliary headlights can only legally be used at times when you can use main beam, so don't actually offer any benefit unless you mostly drive on quiet roads.

• Like 2