Drivers door loom??

Afternoon everyone.... 2014 Superb Elegance Estate 170bhp.

For some time now the drivers window has lost its memory every time the ignition was switched off, then the other day the motion locks began working intermittently as well as windows from the drivers door switches, now now of that works and in addition the offside doors will not lock.

My guess is that several wires in the drivers door loom are broken, the car is used for private hire and has 261,000 miles up.

The local Stealer has just quoted me £168 for a new loom, I was too shocked to ask if that was PLUS VAT.

Is there a go to place for parts like this please.

Thanks in advance.

Do a search on here there are repair kits which allow you not to have to replace the whole loom on eBay someone did this in here also . The genuine loom is expensive. Also you could have the old wires soldered. I had the loom replaced at the dealer. 

Thanks for the info, a very cursory look between rain squalls has revealed nothing. Hopefully it will not be raining as much tomorrow and I can check a bit better and where it goes through the door.

IMG_20211031_133821[1].jpg

Edited by bulldogdrummond

12 minutes ago, bulldogdrummond said:

Thanks for the info, a very cursory look between rain squalls has revealed nothing. Hopefully it will not be raining as much tomorrow and I can check where it goes through the door.

Superb door wiring.jpeg

It’s not always visible as wires can be broken inside. It’s a very common issue as you can see from other threads on here. So you may need to test cables for a break. From what I recall certain wires break before others.