boot / trunk release not working

the boot / trunk release on the drivers door is not working!

the release for the fill cap works fine.

i did have the issue with water ingress and the comfort module - but have fix this since,

How ever i can only open the boot with the remote?

is there a fix for this or any idea where to look.

thanks in advance for any help

Check the fuse could be that simple, but with these cars more likely wiring corrsion due to water ingress. Go onto Erwin and pay for an hour about €7.00 you should be able to download all the applicable info for the car.

Yep I had the water ingress with the pollen filter,  have that fixed and got my internal lights and door ground lights back working. 

Ill check that out tho , thanks a mill 

• 2 months later...
On 07/11/2021 at 14:41, coopster said:

Yep I had the water ingress with the pollen filter,  have that fixed and got my internal lights and door ground lights back working. 

Ill check that out tho , thanks a mill 

Hi coopster, did you manage to get this issue resolved? I have the exact same issue and the exact same history of water ingress into the passenger footwell.

Yesterday, I removed the 'Number Plate Light Carrier and Lock Switch Škoda 3B5827297D' and checked the switch on there. It is technically working, a multimeter shows continuity when the switch is pressed, but the lid still does not open!!

I'm concerned I have water ingress again 😞

Appreciate any feedback.