Fabia Mk1 (04) TDI Estate - need window f/o/s clips

Elsie

Windows on the poor old Rat Skoda have been fine, then suddenly a few days ago, on raising, driver's side did a nasty bangy clunk, fell at an odd angle and refused to rise. Motor still working, managed manually to get it back up and secured with tape.

Stripped down (butchered???!!!) door and carrier today, and found, as expected, the front of the 2 steel/ally and white plastic clips which the window's held on with at its base has lost a corner of the plastic.

Don't know what these are technically called, struggling to locate a replacement set (E Bay doesn't apparently have "compatible" ones). It's a Saturday, so the main dealers are shut (!!!)

Any clue where I can get some? (Online / by phone)

Pretty urgent to get it sorted, hopefully can bodge back up as a DIY job, trying to plastic weld or glue as a temporary measure, but expect new ones are really needed. (Then the other side will doubtless go idc...)

Thanks.

Will try to attach photos if I can on an edit from another device in a bit.

IMG_20211113_125912.jpg

IMG_20211113_125847.jpg

Edited by Elsie
typo

Ah, thanks. Don't look the same without the metal bits attached - but comparing them with said clips they may well be. I'll message them and see. Appreciated.

The trouble is that if the regulators are old, you might repair the clips and then the cable might snap as commonly happens. It's often better to fit a whole new regulator. You can buy the whole panel with regulator already assembled. You just have to swap your door speaker to the new panel.

Bargain here!.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224406469613?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1mA95nWYySK-ofsOiywOJOg43&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=224406469613&targetid=1394639519947&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9046823&poi=&campaignid=14476166345&mkgroupid=124975630045&rlsatarget=pla-1394639519947&abcId=9300650&merchantid=119262068&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4b2MBhD2ARIsAIrcB-Q64xafnOcmLz7i9vT896qabt7GQhqGLJCcwYfoXE4hfjW7kly8WtIaAu8iEALw_wcB

• Like 1

Wow, that is a bit of a bargain! Too much of one? I'm surprised at how cheap they are though.

Well, after a tad of a struggle & a lot of learning on the job - including unintentionally stripping & rewiring the regulator & cables! - we got the old clip plastic welded & back in place, drilled & re-riveted the carrier & door back together. Need to seal it up again properly at some point, but see how it goes. All working again so far, but with the expectation of just seeing how long it lasts and carrying a good roll of duct tape in the boot 😉Take it from there...

Maybe whole new carrier with regulator is the best and easiest way, it seems. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Elsie said:

Wow, that is a bit of a bargain! Too much of one? I'm surprised at how cheap they are though.

It is strangely cheap but looks exactly the same as one I paid £40 for.

Edited by TMB

21 hours ago, Elsie said:

Well, after a tad of a struggle & a lot of learning on the job - including unintentionally stripping & rewiring the regulator & cables! - we got the old clip plastic welded & back in place, drilled & re-riveted the carrier & door back together. Need to seal it up again properly at some point, but see how it goes. All working again so far, but with the expectation of just seeing how long it lasts and carrying a good roll of duct tape in the boot 😉Take it from there...

Maybe whole new carrier with regulator is the best and easiest way, it seems. Thanks.

I used 6mm or 8mm caravan/motorhome joint mastic. Horribly sticky and a pain to clean off old degraded foam seal beforehand. Seems a lot better than the foam seals though.

I used to use industrial rubber /silicon sealant when working on a large industrial plant where it was often available as surplus.

Will look into the van/MH stuff, thanks.