Scheduled charging not working

Nicky_P

I have scheduled charging times via the pod point app, the green light flashes on the charger to indicate it's in schedule mode but nothing happens when charging is meant to begin.

Also when I plug the cable into the car charging commences immediately even though I have set a charging schedule.

Anybody having the same issues?

Cheers 

Nik

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nicky

Exact same problem. Had my podpoint installed this week and am playing with it today. I have now just realised the podpoint schedule is a waste of time and you need to manage your charging schedule through the settings on the Enyaq. 

1 hour ago, TimJWC said:

Hi Nicky

Exact same problem. Had my podpoint installed this week and am playing with it today. I have now just realised the podpoint schedule is a waste of time and you need to manage your charging schedule through the settings on the Enyaq. 

I would be interested in hearing if you get the Enyaq scheduled charging to work. I never got it to charge correctly and resorted to using the scheduling on my wall box, as described in this thread Can’t get along with smart charging

Thanks!

2 hours ago, TimJWC said:

I have now just realised the podpoint schedule is a waste of time and you need to manage your charging schedule through the settings on the Enyaq.

if podpoint scheduling is worse than Enyaq that I am very deeply sorry.

I was sure that I won't see more useless UX than Skoda scheduler

• 1 month later...

@Nicky_P can you say how you fixed your issue?  When I set scheduling on my podpoint and plug in, the charging light flashes white for about a min and then reverts to solid red. Would love to know if there's an obvious user error that I'm missing!

1 hour ago, wormdoktor said:

@Nicky_P can you say how you fixed your issue?  When I set scheduling on my podpoint and plug in, the charging light flashes white for about a min and then reverts to solid red. Would love to know if there's an obvious user error that I'm missing!

That's what mine was doing, just leave it and it will work. I made the mistake of interfering with it when I saw the red light.

Just make sure the pod point light is yellow and it should work fine.

OK great thanks. Also found last night that plugging in, confirming green pulsing light, THEN setting the schedule works too. A few mins after scheduling on the app the yellow pod point light comes on, car light then goes white for a short while then goes out. Managed to schedule off peak charging this morning this way. Hope this is helpful for any other noobs out there ;-), neither pod point nor enyaq manuals are particularly informative around this.

Yes, sadly there is an error in the general process of scheduled charging . I have no idea how it's sorted by other manufacturers as this is my first EV but:
1) There should not be red light displayed as nothing is wrong. The cable is plugged correctly.

2) the cable is not locked, so unlucky owners of untethered charging point are in risk of losing their cables as it's not locked on any side

On 19/01/2022 at 09:52, wormdoktor said:

OK great thanks. Also found last night that plugging in, confirming green pulsing light, THEN setting the schedule works too. A few mins after scheduling on the app the yellow pod point light comes on, car light then goes white for a short while then goes out. Managed to schedule off peak charging this morning this way. Hope this is helpful for any other noobs out there ;-), neither pod point nor enyaq manuals are particularly informative around this.

Also slightly confusing with the Pod point is that if you only have a schedule set for specific days it will only show the Yellow light on that day, so for example if you have a schedule set for 2am Friday then on Thurday light will be Blue until you plug in and then go Green to show the pod point is available for charging. Suggestion from the Pod Point Facebook Group is to set a schedule for every night even if you aren't plugging in/charging so that point is effectively off all the time and only on during the schedule window it should then display a yellow light all the time and you know if there is anything else showing that there is no schedule set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc Davison said:

Also slightly confusing with the Pod point is that if you only have a schedule set for specific days it will only show the Yellow light on that day, so for example if you have a schedule set for 2am Friday then on Thurday light will be Blue until you plug in and then go Green to show the pod point is available for charging. Suggestion from the Pod Point Facebook Group is to set a schedule for every night even if you aren't plugging in/charging so that point is effectively off all the time and only on during the schedule window it should then display a yellow light all the time and you know if there is anything else showing that there is no schedule set.

That's what I've done, schedule set for everyday between 00:30 and 4:30 for cheap rates. 

2 hours ago, Nicky_P said:

That's what I've done, schedule set for everyday between 00:30 and 4:30 for cheap rates. 

I dont have cheap rates electric but have done similar, but from 02:00 to 07:30, leaving the schedule open until that time means that if you run a scheduled preheat/departure for the AC and heated seats etc it will draw power from the mains rather than the battery.

• Like 1