Wiring diagram for a 2015 Octavia RS with Harman MIB II Main Unit

Howdy all.

I will be attempting to install an under seat sub to help with the lack of bass from the factory Canton system. I have searched hi and low for a wiring diagram that matches this unit to help with identifying the cables. I can not for the life of me find anything that matches and was wondering if anyone else has ever found anything. Ill include a pic below of what is installed at the moment.

Thanks

IMG_20211116_174047594_HDR.jpg

It's a standard Skoda/VW spec 52 pin quadlock so the pinout will be similar to this image:

Facelift radio pinout help. | Up Owners Club

What wires are you trying to find?

As you have Canton fitted, all the speakers will be connected to the Canton amp (under a front seat?) rather via the quadlock. Audio is transfer from the headunit to the amp via the optical MOST fibre which is why the speaker connections are empty in your picture :)

There is no 'remote' cable either as the amp will be CAN-bus controlled.

7 minutes ago, langers2k said:

It's a standard Skoda/VW spec 52 pin quadlock so the pinout will be similar to this image:

Facelift radio pinout help. | Up Owners Club

What wires are you trying to find?

As you have Canton fitted, all the speakers will be connected to the Canton amp (under a front seat?) rather via the quadlock. Audio is transfer from the headunit to the amp via the optical MOST fibre which is why the speaker connections are empty in your picture :)

There is no 'remote' cable either as the amp will be CAN-bus controlled.

Ahhhh, that makes sense. Thats why I couldn't find anything to match with the quadlock. Ill have a look at the amp and see if I can work it out from there.

I am going to just splice into the fronts or rears, unless that amp has an RCA setup.

Thanks for the info :)

21 hours ago, langers2k said:

No idea if these are correct for your car but they might help:

image.thumb.png.ebc2d77042af4acffefbac938b98db7d.png

image.thumb.png.22ce55b3b8b017df6fdb7f6f0bdb43d9.png

image.thumb.png.41f804eec95b6c1dc24bac4cfe66f20c.png

Ok, got to the back of the amp and found the wires needed, thanks heaps for that :). As for the remote, is there any option at all for that, or do I need to make sure I connect the power wire to something that is off with accessory?

No obvious source for a remote wire, the headunit isn't linked to the switched ignition so you might get 'booms' occasionally.

If you're lucky, the amp might be able to turn on/off when it detects signa. If not, there are plenty of high to low level adaptors which create a remote signal when they detect audio.