Why is my car beeping at me all the time?

Driven a long journey today, mixed driving motorway and A roads, and I have had it  randomly beeping at me, for no reason that I can discern, I don't think it was speed related (wide was with me!) i was using nav but I assume it wasn't speed camera related, it baffled me to be honest! 

That will be the audible warning that only one person should be carried in the passenger seat 🤣

There is a very small beep that you could hear but you would have had to set it up first so I suppose it is not that.

It is the over-speed warning. I have it set to 5km/h s above the limit. It gets the limit from the SatNav.

I get another noise that is more of a BONG BONG BONG!.

That one occurs if the car believes I have strayed from my lane for too long - about 10-20 seconds.

That can happen when its idea of the lane marking is wrong.

I had one such annoying beep in my car. Usually got it before some intersection or roundabouts. I played a few times with sat nav settings but the beep was still there. Until I turned off (almost) all setting in the sat nav. That helped. 😁 But I can't tell you exactly which one was the one since I didn't bother finding out and kept all setting off.

2 hours ago, Gingernick70 said:

I have had it  randomly beeping at me, for no reason that I can discern

I'm guess you've not turned "lane enforce" off, in which case it maybe wasn't happy with your lane centralisation.

OK I am an idiot, it wasn't the car, it was the new garmin dash cam, I have it out of my eye line behind the rear view mirror, but it was beeping if it thought there might be a speed camera in the area, garmin must have a GPS list of possible sites.... 

• Haha 2