Map update and radio logos MIB3 system

Billywizzo

Hi,

Has anyone managed to put radio logos into a MIB3 info system or uppdate the maps manually.

The update portal says you can now update maps via usbc for MIB3 systems, but I don't think I need to do that yet, but was hoping that you could do radio logos but it still wil not find them on my usb drive.

Cheers

Apologies for posting on Kodiaq forum as I no longer have one. Someone will know more than me, but I've read in passing that radio logos can't be taken from the Portal and transferred to your car any longer.

As for mapping updates if you didn't see my reply on another thread yesterday and this was from my dealer, so believe it or not. Some models of Skoda have an embedded SD card and those that have can receive manual updates from the Portal. They weren't specific about which models have the SD card.

The update Portal allows me to input the VIN for my Kamiq that has MIB3 and then directs me to the mapping I need and lets me download it, but when unzipped to a flash drive and put into the car, nothing happens. The dealer said that's because my Kamiq doesn't have the imbedded SD card and can only be updated OTA.

Another member here with a Karoq and MIB3 has managed to update his maps manually, so if the dealer is correct about SD cards, the the Karoq must have one. I've no idea if the Kodiaq has an SD card embedded, so asking a dealer or trying a manual download yourself would be the ways to find out, But since your car is a 2020 model and you show that you have 2021 mapping on your settings screen, I'd assume you're getting OTA updates. Logic dictates that if your car is set up for OTA, then you won't be able to update manually. I could be wrong here though as logic seems to play little part in the VAG system.

I saw it mentioned somewhere yesterday that dealers are supposed to to plug your car into their system when it's in for service etc and the maps update that way. I very much doubt they do, as the only way to continue to get OTA is to be a Skoda Connect member, which is payable after the first free year, so they would lose revenue by doing it free.

The update Portal is flawed, as at no stage did the system  tell me It wasn't possible to update my maps manually, it just let me go ahead even though it knew my VIN.

Cheers for the reply. I did think it was strange that it was saying you could manually update the maps now but I am sure I read somewhere that Skoda were going to make it possible for manual updates on MIB3 systems, but I guess it may be for newer cars from the factory not ones already on the road.

I am not too worried about the maps, just wanted to try and get the radios logos so the screen looks nicer when listening to the radio.

I am sure I read somewhere that Skoda were going to make it possible for manual updates on MIB3 systems,

It was voiced somewhere here some months ago that there are moves afoot by Skoda to reinstate the manual downloading of maps via the Portal for those that can currently only get OTA updates.

I asked if this was true during a call to the online chat facility. The operator seemed very non committal or didn't know the answer (it wasn't in their script 🤔) and said that I should keep an eye on a Skoda information site (didn't know there was one) to glean any future information..

Helpful - NOT ! They really don't do themselves any favours do they !

• 1 month later...

I've tried OTA, no luck.

I've tried via USB (c) with adapters, no luck.

I tried via the dealer this week when we had the 1st year service, no luck. They were having 'problems' with their computers.

I think there is a larger issue with MIB3 and updates. I can download the maps ok, but not update. I'm in Australia, so might be local for me. I've got a Kodiaq RS.

I don’t think you can update an MIB3 system in the UK either and still rely on OTA updates.

Even though the update portal says how to do it I have not seen any posts of anyone in the UK doing it.