Boot lights not working and boot isn’t coming up as open when it is.

Hello,

just replaced my boot lights as I thought they were the issue but no joy they still don’t turn on.

I’ve checked all the flows. Lights good power to lights good and the fuse.

im now thinking it’s the boot switch. I’ve just noticed that when I open the boot it doesn’t appear on the dash either.

I bought the car used and it’s my first VAG group car so I wasn’t used to seeing anything pop up on the dash for open boots. I only noticed the lights weren’t working the other day when putting something in the boot at night.

I’ve read up about a few cases of moisture and my boot did smell a bit fousty during the summer (I haven’t had any water in there I think it’s the previous owner).

Just trying to give as much info as possible sorry for rambling. Essentially what should I do now? Do I replace the boot latch?  Any ideas? 

Thanks for reading.