2.0 TDI 190 Remap questions

Ahoy, been stalking this forums for a while now so thought I'd make an account and ask since I can't really find exactly what I'm looking for

I've had the car mapped from 190 to 218 bhp, and 400nm to 489nm torque (verified with a dyno) with a DSG tune alongside it. I'm happy with the power itself, however the gearbox does seem to change down less smooth as before. (I've had the DSG serviced very recently too). I've been living with it for a few weeks now and I believe my fuel economy has gone down (I was under the impression remaps usually make it go up/stay the same). For example, I did a long motorway journey and averaged 50 mpg, when I used to average mid 50s. 

Not sure if this is a result of the cold weather, or a combination of a bad map and tune (I did the map at a local company that appeared to have good reviews). As for my driving style, I tend to drive with a lighter right foot, typically part throttle and use the power when I need it such as a motorway slip road.

Would appreciate if anyone could maybe shed some light on some of these things, as I'm considering getting the map reverted

Only thing I can think of is the box is more readily changing down when applying gas. This makes the engine turn faster asking for more combustion cycles thus burning more fuel. That along with the cold, wet weather.