Retrofit Heated Steering Wheel

I am getting old and my Mk III Superb and although it is a Lauren & Klement model, it does not have a Heated Steering Wheel.  I am getting old and now get really cold hands.  Does anyone know if I can get a heated steering wheel retro fitted please?

Many thanks people.

Yes - of course it's possible.

I haven't yet worked out how - but in other cars you'd typically have to replace the clock spring on the steering column, plus replace the steering wheel itself with one that has a heated element. The car would also have to be re-programmed using VCDS.

No other buttons should be required as it's activated via a menu on the infotainment screen.

It can be done yes, you need to have heated front seats already.

New squib, control module and steering wheel. Then its a job of running all new wires to where they need to go and coding the body control and hvac modules. I do offer it as a service if you didnt want to do it yourself

5 hours ago, Nick_H said:

Guess thats too expensive then ! 😆

Like the guy above said. Squid most likely will need to be brand new and steering wheel you’ll be lucky to find a second hand one so price would vary hugely. If you were really interested you can drop me a message and I can actually price it up accordingly but unless you’re willing to go £500+ Fitted then sorry to say you’ll be disappointed 

12 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Like the guy above said. Squid most likely will need to be brand new and steering wheel you’ll be lucky to find a second hand one so price would vary hugely. If you were really interested you can drop me a message and I can actually price it up accordingly but unless you’re willing to go £500+ Fitted then sorry to say you’ll be disappointed 

Yeah I wouldnt pay that more interested in price than seriously considering. Car heats up that fast anyway I just point the vents at my hands :D 

Many thanks for all the replies people, thank you for the offer to fit it but London is a bit far to go from Edinburgh.  There is an independant VW dealer near me, I will probably try him and see what he says.

Thanks again guys