Octavia MK4 VRS iV estate

Hi guys I’m new here, bought my new VRS in graphite grey about a month ago with a delivery date of around March time,( gives me loads of time to gather up some performance upgrades, any ideas or suggestion on what looks best, here’s my list so far for anyone interested. E5B86A75-43DA-4509-B8D5-D291834F055A.thumb.jpeg.53f1978c6a603a3a99120dfeab2ff381.jpeg

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new car when you get it.

I think you are very brave to use a tuning box or remap a plug in hybrid that you own and void the manufacturers warranty. 

If you have finance on the vehicle so do not actually own it then that is a very big risk.

Haha yeh kept debating between remap and tuning box, had a tuning box from tdi tuning on my previous Mercedes’ a180d and where it’s traceless when you remove it I had no problems. Also any update on delivery times? One thing happened to me was I ordered my car with canton system, pano roof and leather and alcantara seats. Dealership called me back saying I have to pick between speakers or seats due to microchip shortage. Really upset me😔

You might remove a tuning box but  likely not at a roadside before a vehicle is recovered to a dealership.   As it is surely you declare mods to your insurance company to have valid insurance.   A warranty is an insurance policy.  Any loss adjuster worth their salt working for a Warranty Provider checks for social media posts of the Car Owner / driver and then checks with their insurer.    Nobody likes paying out thousands on an engine if the owner had a invalid warranty. 

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

As root mentioned it's not a great idea to mod a new car like that. An investigation can show logged parameters out of range even after the box has been removed. Also with the added complexity of the hybrid system I would only go down the remap route (which I have done on my GTE) and avoid a plug in box. Having used both on my previous TDI the map offered so much more anyway. My tuning was done after the 3 year point and I am being open with my dealer and being anal about maintenance to ensure the systems are kept at their best. 

• Like 1

Yeh thanks root think you knocked some sense into me haha, do you tell your dealership about your remaps marcky? When I ordered my car I asked if my map would void warranty the lady in there told me the only thing that voids it is doing launch control more than 3 times?

on your GTE what power are you pushing ?

Not sure on overall power. It's the standard racing line map which is meant to be 280 in GTE mode. I tend to go for feel and drivability over top end figures. Normal hybrid mode now feels similar to how GTE mode felt before. This time of year the amount of torque you get from full chat (450+nm) is too much for the tyres even on cross climates. I'm thinking of saving the CCs for colder weather and fitting some better boots come spring time. They are good but the not as good as I want in the summer months. The remap is a definite void. I would not entertain doing it while in the first 3 years. Mine was 3 years and 2-3 month old when I had it done.

• Like 1

Think I might have to leave remapping for a good three years then, and just go for the aesthetic mods, I’d like to know if anyones actually put a new hybrid VRS on a rolling road to see what it’s pushing from factory, I drive Skodas hybrid octavia now with 204ps and it feels like it has a lot more than 200bhp. Anyway, was I right in thinking that golf gte induction would fit on the VRS intake?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/12/2021 at 09:38, EN_54YANVRS said:

Haha yeh kept debating between remap and tuning box, had a tuning box from tdi tuning on my previous Mercedes’ a180d and where it’s traceless when you remove it I had no problems. Also any update on delivery times? One thing happened to me was I ordered my car with canton system, pano roof and leather and alcantara seats. Dealership called me back saying I have to pick between speakers or seats due to microchip shortage. Really upset me😔

Hi I for one would definitely go with the seats the standard ones are really poor quality compared , seats add more value to your car when re selling than a stereo does , shame you can't have both .

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump the thread but did the OP go ahead with any of the mods? 

I have a VRS iV estate too and am interested in lowering it as it sits too high as standard

@EN_54ANVRS

Edited by Dillers
Accuracy