MHEV brake pedal sinking 30-0kmph

Mates,

any MHEV 1.5 out there faces similar issue where the brake pedal soften/sinks whenever speed reached 30kmph down to 0? Braking is fine, bite is good, just odd to have this pedal sinking when slowing to a stop. Doesn’t matter coasting or any drive mode profile.

hope to get some light on this one. 1200km done only.

I drove an E-TEC for about 8500 miles during the spring/summer. I never got to work out what the regen-cum-energy recovery was doing when decelerating and under braking. Sometimes the brakes felt ‘normal’ whilst at others the car seemed to decelerate more than I expected given my brake pedal pressure. Then again, at times the pedal felt a bit softer than I’d expect whilst braking was fine.

This car was also the first car with a DSG ‘box that I had driven so some of my learning about decelerating the car was to do with the engine braking in a DSG, along with the e-Tec regen braking. Having said, I was always felt in control and I could control the decelration; its just the car worked differently to a normal internal combustion engine and a manual ‘box.

The brake pedal also lowers itself when the speed limiter kicks in and brakes the car; I wasn’t expecting that, and its the same on my own manual ‘box car. Seems weird that the pedal isn’t where I expect it to be!

remember that the amount of regenerative braking varies on the battery state of charge. If you have a full battery you  get less braking as there is less current that can be pushed into it.

John