Moving on from Chris Knott after very uncompetitive quote and poor customer service experience

chrisgreen

Hello

A bit of feedback. After many years of using Chris Knott for my car insurance, today I sadly decided to switch to a different provider:

1) This year's renewal quote for my 2014 Skoda Rapid Spaceback was a £35 increase year-on-year and saw my excess double to £200 (nothing has changed with me or the car, no claims made etc).

2) After going through all the comparison sites, my best quote elsewhere came in at £65 less than the renewal quote, and with a lower excess than the renewal quote.

3) When I called to discuss and to give Chris Knott an opportunity - as in previous years - to price match, the rep on the phone made it very clear there was no interest in improving the quote to a competitive figure or keeping my business.

This was disappointing as, prior to this call, I've always found the customer service at Chris Knott to be consistently excellent (which is why we currently have all the cars in the house insured through CK, as well as our house insurance). Today was a bit rude and very disinterested. Certainly not worth paying a premium for. Will be insuring with 1st Central instead. Hopefully Chris Knott will get its act and customer service together the next time I look for a quote.

• Sponsor

Hi Chris,

We're sad to have lost you, at least in terms of this vehicle.

The Insurers with the best rates (the ones where we have flexibility to react to best quotes etc,) have minimum premiums and your quote falls below these.

Sorry if you feel that there was a lack of interest from our side. It's difficult when we have nowhere to go on price but we would have been more than willing to go further if the Insurer allowed it.

Chris Knott Insurance

Edited by ChrisKnottIns