EML - Glow plug error - advice please on types

Last day the EML came on and when I scanned using an obd2 reader, the error was P0673. The car was also complaining about low battery (it is about 6 years old) for few months. So I got a new battery and took to the local garage. They said there is a chance one of the glow plug will have a pressure sensor and if so it will be more expensive to replace. I asked to replace the pressure sensor one only if it is causing the issue otherwise replace the normal ones anyway,

After working on the car (replaced battery, and there was another error P2102 when they scanned), the garage said there were no glow plugs with pressure sensor and glow plug cylinder 3 was malfunctioning. They renewed glow plugs in cylinder 1,3 and 4. They couldn't take out the Cylinder 2 glow plug as it went tight when trying to undo it and they fitted it back. The car is an Octavia III 2.0 TDI 110 kw. I saw this post where glow plug with pressure sensor is discussed. 

Does anyone know if this model would not have the glow plug with no pressure sensor? Any help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

oohhh....be super careful here.  I am aware that 2.0 TDI engines (Euro 5 and 6) should have normal glowplugs on 1,2 and 4 (at least on 150 and 184bhp engines).  Cylinder 3 has the special glow-plug in it with sensors.  I've recently seen a spate of these (age related) - especially cylinder 3.  Basically, it means the glowplugs have getting out of specification for the engine to operate correctly. 

However, there are numerous different engine codes and VAG do build engines differently for different markets.  Can you identify what your engine would be (e.g. something like CUNA)?

Firstly, I hope your garage coded in the new battery properly.  If not, you will get a host of issues on your car cropping up.

Secondly, I know the sensor glowplug is definitely more expensive that the non-sensing plugs and this is why cylinder 3 is often overlooked.  General rule of thumb, if one plug is failing, its time to replace all of them.  You also need a different tool to remove the sensoring plug.

5 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

oohhh....be super careful here.  I am aware that 2.0 TDI engines (Euro 5 and 6) should have normal glowplugs on 1,2 and 4 (at least on 150 and 184bhp engines).  Cylinder 3 has the special glow-plug in it with sensors.  I've recently seen a spate of these (age related) - especially cylinder 3.  Basically, it means the glowplugs have getting out of specification for the engine to operate correctly. 

However, there are numerous different engine codes and VAG do build engines differently for different markets.  Can you identify what your engine would be (e.g. something like CUNA)?

Firstly, I hope your garage coded in the new battery properly.  If not, you will get a host of issues on your car cropping up.

Secondly, I know the sensor glowplug is definitely more expensive that the non-sensing plugs and this is why cylinder 3 is often overlooked.  General rule of thumb, if one plug is failing, its time to replace all of them.  You also need a different tool to remove the sensoring plug.

Thanks for your reply.

The engine details are Type: 5E, Variant AACKFCX0, Version: NFM6FM62Q025STVL7. The engine code is CKFC. I have driven about 40 miles after the garage has done the above work. I haven't seen any error light coming on yet. I need to connect a scanner to the car.

What are the problems that can happen if a non-sensor glow plug is used instead of the sensor glow plug? Does both types have same fitting? 

If the battery is not coded properly, could you give some errors that commonly occur? I can see my radio stations, phones etc are still saved in the system.