How do I view Skoda Connect services?

Hi all

After two weeks I'm loving my one-year-old Superb IV L&K, but can't for the life of me work out how to view any of the Skoda Connect Services.  I've registered the Connect app and the car, and am greeted by my username when I turn on the ignition.  The on-air logo shows white at the top of the screen, but I can see no Skoda Connect icon in the menus, and I can't find any way of downloading a journey planned in advance using the app.

What am I doing wrong?

Did you set up hotspot in your car I have a Samsung a50 so had to set up hotspot might need to change hotspot to 2.5gh

Should be able to connect to service read this and see does it help

1. On your phone enable the hotspot so that you are sharing it's wifi. I have an iPhone 6s Plus for reference.

2. In the car press menu on the physical buttons

3. Scroll to the settings icon and press it

4. Find wlan on the settings options and select it.

5. Select WLAN again and you will se a list of available networks.

6. Select your phone e.g. Craig's iPhone 6 Plus.

7. Now enter the password from your phones screen using the cars on screen keyboard. This essentially forms your outbound connection to the Internet via the wifi on your phone. You now have Internet connectivity for the car.

8. Connect another device that you want to share your cars outbound connection. I used a shield K1 android tablet which has no SIM card of its own for this. If you have not done so already enable the wifi hotspot as follows.

9. Select WLAN again and this time select mobile hotspot. Ensure that there is a tick in the mobile hotspot box.

10. Now select hotspot (WLAN) settings.

11. Select the security level: WPA2 provides the strongest security

12. Note the password in the network key (you can type your own if you wish but make it as hard to guess a possible and random chars are much better than words)

13. Now click store.

14. From another device e.g. My sons tablet connect to the Skoda hotspot. The name is displayed as SSID:Skoda_WLAN_xxxxxx where xxxxxx is a number.

15. Enter the password displayed under network key on the Skoda screen into the tablets wifi connection

16. Your tablet will now have an Internet connection bridged by the car through to your phone.

17. On the tablet Navigate to the bbc website (apparently there are also other sites available on the web  ). It should pop up in all its glory and allow you to surf away to your hearts content.

Can anyone tell me if the Skoda Connect services are available in Australia? Since they amalgamated the two apps to MySkoda, I no longer see my service history, my car image is replaced by a generic Skoda Superb. I see Vehicle Status (Mileage, Oil Change & Service Inspection), Vehicle Health report (Lights, Engine, Tyres, Brakes,Comfort, Assistance & Other) and Trip Planner. There are none of the remote controls (windows, doors etc.) that I have seen on the UK version.

11 hours ago, Dorro said:

Did you set up hotspot in your car I have a Samsung a50 so had to set up hotspot might need to change hotspot to 2.5gh

Should be able to connect to service read this and see does it help

1. On your phone enable the hotspot so that you are sharing it's wifi. I have an iPhone 6s Plus for reference.

2. In the car press menu on the physical buttons

3. Scroll to the settings icon and press it

4. Find wlan on the settings options and select it.

5. Select WLAN again and you will se a list of available networks.

6. Select your phone e.g. Craig's iPhone 6 Plus.

7. Now enter the password from your phones screen using the cars on screen keyboard. This essentially forms your outbound connection to the Internet via the wifi on your phone. You now have Internet connectivity for the car.

8. Connect another device that you want to share your cars outbound connection. I used a shield K1 android tablet which has no SIM card of its own for this. If you have not done so already enable the wifi hotspot as follows.

9. Select WLAN again and this time select mobile hotspot. Ensure that there is a tick in the mobile hotspot box.

10. Now select hotspot (WLAN) settings.

11. Select the security level: WPA2 provides the strongest security

12. Note the password in the network key (you can type your own if you wish but make it as hard to guess a possible and random chars are much better than words)

13. Now click store.

14. From another device e.g. My sons tablet connect to the Skoda hotspot. The name is displayed as SSID:Skoda_WLAN_xxxxxx where xxxxxx is a number.

15. Enter the password displayed under network key on the Skoda screen into the tablets wifi connection

16. Your tablet will now have an Internet connection bridged by the car through to your phone.

17. On the tablet Navigate to the bbc website (apparently there are also other sites available on the web  ). It should pop up in all its glory and allow you to surf away to your hearts content.

Thanks, but that appears to be the procedure for connecting the car to the net.

The car already has an eSim, so is connected.  I see traffic and roadworks alerts in Navigation, so I am receiving these services. I can activate the heating and get stats from the car on my phone from inside the house.

What I am not able to find is the portal as described in this video (viewing starts from the point the portal is shown): 

Hi do you not log into skoda portal ?

Or go too google maps on phone and then send destination to the car then when you go into skoda connect in car your route will be there I had to set up the hotspot and wlan if I'm outside my front door it connects to that service ?

Maybe someone can answer this better for us 

Hit skoda connect

If unable to connect to the Internet click OK go to settings scroll to wlan

You should have 2 options wlan and mobile hotspot

Click on wlan find your phone make sure hotspot is turned on in your phone settings 

If you are parked at your house try connect to home WiFi if you can't get it on your phone I had to change my phone to 2.5 gh would not work on 5 gh

9 minutes ago, Dorro said:

Hit skoda connect

Thanks for all your help, but as I said in post one, I can see no Skoda Connect icon in the menus.  Should I be looking elsewhere?

22 minutes ago, GarySN said:

Hi @Dorro

Could you please show a picture of your Skoda Connect icon so I can see where it should be located?

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

I've got precisely the same issue you have. Everything is set up correctly - all permissions, privacy and all the other cobblers you need to make this work - but trip destinations sent from either the MySkoda app or the Online portal simply don't appear in the car.

The car is a 2021 Karoq with an Amundsen system, and I don't have a Connect icon on the MIB screen either.

All the destinations I've sent (and there have been lots, admittedly most of them the same place) have just disappeared into the ether.

It isn't really a big deal, because I can easily manage without this jolly clever feature, but that isn't really the point. It should work, but it doesn't.

After several phone calls and e-mails to a very helpful chap at customer services over the past few weeks I'm no further forward.

I've been told the boffins at HQ are looking into it.

In the meantime, I'm getting on with my life and will resort to using a map book or rolling down the window and asking passers-by where places are, like we used to do in the last century.

• Haha 1

On 16/12/2021 at 10:19, GWCTas said:

Can anyone tell me if the Skoda Connect services are available in Australia? Since they amalgamated the two apps to MySkoda, I no longer see my service history, my car image is replaced by a generic Skoda Superb. I see Vehicle Status (Mileage, Oil Change & Service Inspection), Vehicle Health report (Lights, Engine, Tyres, Brakes,Comfort, Assistance & Other) and Trip Planner. There are none of the remote controls (windows, doors etc.) that I have seen on the UK version.

Looks like I made the mistake of hijacking the OP. I'll repost as a new post and hope someone has an answer.

I have to say that I have found the whole 'infotainment' side of ownership somewhat frustrating - from the start trying to get the car to recognise me as the Primary User etc has not been an enjoyable journey.... I'm pretty tech friendly both at home , in cars and in work as am=n aircraft engineer but this thing really confounds me at times.

My iV is an ex-demonstrator that first went on the road in early September 2020 although the build date according to the documents was 11 July 2020 - just about the time that it could either be 'one of those' specs or 'one of the other' specs. Even trying to suss out the correct version of the Owner's Manual is dependent on which way you access the information from Skoda.

The Owner's Manual linked from MySKODA has an issue date of 16 Sep 2019, but if you go via the Skoda UK Owner's Manual website page and choose a production date of 07/2020, the manual date that you would think is the correct one, is an issue date of 20 Jul 2020 - ie after my car was built. But apparently not!

I did purchase the online services (nice little sideline of an earner but I see other manufacturers will be charging subscriptions for even how the car performs in the future...) and assumed, seeing as no instructions appeared saying 'now to do this', that the new features (News, Weather, Traffication and Diary) would appear. When they didn't, I went searching and realised I had to visit the Shop on the Columbus and download/install them.

Then this thread pops up and you see others with various 'icons' for Connect, Routes, POIs etc - none of which I could find. Not even using the MySKODA app could I work out how to send routes to the Columbus from the iPhone - or even via the Skoda Connect Portal. I've been using the MySKODA app since I got the car 9 months ago for setting departure time charge rates etc.

I have just found this Skoda site which may be of use (perhaps everyone knows it exists already!):

Availability List (skoda-auto.com)

This confirms my car is in the 'up to 07/2020' production period.

image.png.53c38a85522ac2bc6fcea3f8975757ba.png

Now that shows the complete list of available services:

image.png.e8bd713a03e24eab5c24d2a4199f1252.png

So, if I put my iV's VIN number in, the availability list slims down to this:

image.png.a3723ae1de60d4a35e0048d8417200d2.png

Therefore, I reckon that I just don't have those route import features available. But I do have Weather and News - so that doesn't work either! 

Bit of a first world problem but incredibly frustrating searching for the information and coming up with a load of different Skoda website pages, often claiming different things.

I bought the car from Caffyn's Skoda in Tunbridge Wells. They're not remotely close to me but had the car for sale during my 'lockdown car shopping' game and they have looked after me very well since. I haven't troubled them over this as I doubt there are may dealers who can really work out what infotainment options a particular car has. Anyway, it passes the time of day and night....  

Edited by aerofurb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@GarySN my Superb is all of 6 months old and is exactly the same, there is no Skoda Connect option/menu on the infotainment.

I have previously sent routes to the car, and sometimes a message pops up (usually about 15 mins into driving) to say a route has appeared, do you want to save it etc. Sometimes they don't appear for hours.

For the past couple of months no route I send to the car ever appears though. I tried one yesterday and it again failed.

I don't massively care, because if I know an address to send it in the first place then it also takes just seconds to search for it after starting the car.

It's just another example of Skoda stupidity sadly. I have posted several times about stuff said in the manual that simply does not translate into the real world. This is another one.

Edited by Gax

3 hours ago, Gax said:

@GarySN my Superb is all of 6 months old and is exactly the same, there is no Skoda Connect option/menu on the infotainment.

I have previously sent routes to the car, and sometimes a message pops up (usually about 15 mins into driving) to say a route has appeared, do you want to save it etc. Sometimes they don't appear for hours.

For the past couple of months no route I send to the car ever appears though. I tried one yesterday and it again failed.

I don't massively care, because if I know an address to send it in the first place then it also takes just seconds to search for it after starting the car.

It's just another example of Skoda stupidity sadly. I have posted several times about stuff said in the manual that simply does not translate into the real world. This is another one.

Thanks @Gax.  Funny enough I have managed to send a destination to the car in the same way you have described, but it's very hit'n'miss.  I received one notification that a new destination was available the day after I'd driven there!  As you say, I can search from the car just as easily, but it's frustrating to read the infotainment should work a certain way when it clearly does not.  I suppose it helps that Apple Carplay to replace the missing functionality, but that's not really the point.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update/conclusion on the subject...

I was able to take a closer look at the Infotainment system during the Christmas break, and I think things have moved on since some of the online videos were made.  I’ve found all the features that were previously categorised under a Skoda Connect app, such as Parking Spaces and Petrol Stations, within the Navigation app.  The only item that remains rather hit and miss is the route import function, but I can live with that.  Having said that, it seems to be more reliable when sent from the online portal rather than the Skoda Connect App.

On 04/01/2022 at 16:05, GarySN said:

Just a quick update/conclusion on the subject...

I was able to take a closer look at the Infotainment system during the Christmas break, and I think things have moved on since some of the online videos were made.  I’ve found all the features that were previously categorised under a Skoda Connect app, such as Parking Spaces and Petrol Stations, within the Navigation app.  The only item that remains rather hit and miss is the route import function, but I can live with that.  Having said that, it seems to be more reliable when sent from the online portal rather than the Skoda Connect App.

Thanks.

Is there actually a menu item you have to go into where the nav will present to you the route you have sent to it, so you can save it?

2 hours ago, Gax said:

Thanks.

Is there actually a menu item you have to go into where the nav will present to you the route you have sent to it, so you can save it?

No. If it works, which is about 20% of the time in my experience, you receive a notification that a new destination has been received.  You then get the option to save it and/or navigate to it.

• Like 1