Do all TSI engines in Mk4 have GPF

Will watch out for the fun and games with that and the emissions at MOTs, with a GPF delete as VW group had to mess up drivability of 1.5 TSI,s to get them WLTP certificated.  It has taken software updates ever since to gets some cars running correctly to a drivers wants and some are still bad. 

Pretty sure your MOT can't tell if the DPF has been tampered with. All I can find is that there is a "visual" test of the exhaust. That doesn't tell you anything, they easily pass the emissions tests. It's probably even harder on a petrol car which already has barely any particles.

22 hours ago, zetzet said:

A lot of manufacturers were betting on diesels because CO2 was the main focus. The only reason VW scandal was the loudest is because they got caught, others are still in legal battles or settling quietly. 

By the way, VW is still selling diesels while a lot of other manufacturers decided to quietly exit the picture, doesn't that tell you something?

VW did drop diesels in small cars, and some medium size

Can no longer get diesel in: Fabia, Scala, Kamiq

Also not available in VW Polo, T-cross or Seat Ibiza, Arona etc

Diesels are a minority of UK sales nowadays, the November SMMT sales show diesel as 5.1%, and MHEV diesel as 4.5% so less than 10% are diesels.

The same November sales figures show BEV (battery, pure electric) as 18.8% and there is no way Skoda sells 18.8% as electric, as only offering is Enyaq.  So yes VW group bet on the wrong fuel and doesn’t make what market buys

https://www.smmt.co.uk/vehicle-data/car-registrations/

On 19/12/2021 at 18:11, OAbed said:

Here’s a puzzler for you: 

The Mk4 VRS was spec’d with a mk3.5 engine in Middle east (Egypt to be specific). 

this wasnt stated anywhere online, so the end result is a DLB engine without GPF / OPF cause we got zero enforced emission laws, yet we still have the shiny new mk4 locked down ECUs. 
and consequently , most performance parts that were purchased for a mk4 dont fit this engine, and most 5E performance parts purchased for a 5E fit perfectly, but electrically traumatizes my mk4 ECUs.

In Australia it’s the same but not sure if it’s the Mk3.5 engine or what because our Mk3.5’s had port injection but the MkIVs in Australia don’t (but have IS20 with no OPF).

Makes fitting intakes etc much easier as existing MQB mods all fit up 😊

7 minutes ago, hally83 said:

In Australia it’s the same but not sure if it’s the Mk3.5 engine or what because our Mk3.5’s had port injection but the MkIVs in Australia don’t (but have IS20 with no OPF).

Port injection is gone from the newer engine because of gpf, they didn't need port injection to help with emissions when gpf became mandatory and so they removed it.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, zetzet said:

Port injection is gone from the newer engine because of gpf, they didn't need port injection to help with emissions when gpf became mandatory and so they removed it.

That makes it even weirder as I watched a ShopDAP video of the Mk8 GTI and our PCV is different to theirs too, it doesn’t have the sensor on it, aswell as our HPFP. So we may have got the Mk3.5 engine. Hopefully not I was liking that the newer engine got Golf R internals (conrods etc).

On 20/12/2021 at 22:13, hally83 said:

Thats true.

Have you installed anything yet? 
im running an APR CF intake, APR coils, APR turbo inlet, CTS downpipe , and an APR oil catch can. 

The turbo muffler delete didn't fit for some reason. 

I have a racechip wired as well but i keep it deactivated most of the time. 

On 22/12/2021 at 23:42, OAbed said:

Thats true.

Have you installed anything yet? 
im running an APR CF intake, APR coils, APR turbo inlet, CTS downpipe , and an APR oil catch can. 

The turbo muffler delete didn't fit for some reason. 

I have a racechip wired as well but i keep it deactivated most of the time. 

Yeah I just installed the 034 X34 Carbon intake and 034 X34 Carbon Fresh Air Duct.

Gotta say it goes heaps harder. Mid range punch and top end is much better. Initial throttle response is definitely more noticeable too. Won’t tune this car hey. I reckon it goes as hard now as when I had a JB4 connected to my 162 Octy VRS Mk3. Except this car has traction… (no LSD in the 162)

Will get the 034 Turbo Inlet Pipe installed soon. Am also going to order rear gloss black diffuser, gloss black rear loading sill protector and some front and rear air inlets from Milotec. Just waiting on getting a quote for shipping to Australia. 

26FFF41C-5255-44E7-953B-2462860ED4E1.jpeg

5DB25209-EC6C-4459-84F0-287046FE3ED0.jpeg

• Like 2