Multiple faults on centre screen, please help, Start-Stop, Front Assist, Keyless Access

Hey guys, got a couple of issues on MK3 2015 Fabia as you can see in the picture below.

1. With the S/S system, it either shows as below, or says power use to high to enable S/S system, or it just works. I would say 50% of the time the S/S system works with no issues.. Any ideas?

2. Can this simply be fixed with an ADAS calibration? I have this front assist error message about 90% of the time. Or can I fix it with an easier/cheaper method? Why would this even come out of calibration?

3. No idea where to start with the key issue, this rarely comes up, maybe 15% of the time, but even when it does come up the keys work completely fine, so no idea what the fault actually is

Please help, happy new year and thanks in advance 😊

20220109_214953.thumb.jpg.4094e51c2e7a9ccfe740de33a88bc1c6.jpg

I would hazard a guess that the battery is weak, there tends to be lots of extra electric load (rear window, mirror, seat heaters etc) in winter.   Weak batteries seem to cause multiple errors to be flagged.

If you have an automatic battery charger, try fully charging the battery.  Alternatively take the car for decent run (with as much switched off as possible) to get battery fully charged.    However if your battery is 6-7 years old might be easier to just replace it.

If you are lucky, few minutes after restart, with battery at full voltage, the errors will have cleared.

• Like 2

@RickyG512as above but if you can I'd suggest disconnecting your battery and give as long, low, slow recharge as possible, that way you give the battery the best chance to fully revive itself.  When I disconnected the battery on my wife's 2015 Mk3 the only setting it lost was the time of day clock.

If you have to change the battery then the new battery is best recoded especially if it's not an exact like-for-like.

If you want you can try the battery voodoo trick to clear the warnings quicker if you don't have a scan tool or disconnect the battery - but the car battery does need to have sufficient charge or these issues will return.

Edited by nta16

• 2 weeks later...

Seen this crop up across Facebook groups recently on the mk3. Being winter its showing the age of the batteries. Plus the mk3 stop start stops the car from charging the battery to full. Its recommended to turn off stop start when traveling on the motorway or long journeys, and turning it back on again when you enter the city for stop start driving. 

Low voltage on the battery can cause the ECU / BCM to receive faults as a result. The sensors receive low voltage which then send a wrong voltage to the ECU / BCM causing the car to think there is a fault as a result causing those errors. 

If you don't drive the car a lot its worth investing in a smart charger (CTEK) to keep these battery topped up but its worth also getting the current battery tested as if its dead its not worth charging it over and over again, best to replace and keep topping the new one up to help with longevity. They are not cheap to replace either as they are AGM batteries and require coding once installed. 

Edited by JGrindel
  • Like 2