Hello

Stevolad

Good afternoon, great forum from what I have seen when searching previous posts from queries I have had with my Octavia.

I done a deal a few months ago with the C class estate I had for a 64 plate Octavia estate Greenline and have had no end of trouble with it, as I had with the Merc! 

Bought the car and had it a week, put it in for a service, belt and water pump and the brakes done so I thought it would be good for a good number of years with regular servicing. Drove to Aberdeen from Durham and it never missed a beat, parked for a week and when I got back to it it fired up first turn of the key which was a relief, 20 minutes in and the 'Check Coolant' message came up.... down to the next petrol station to fill up with diesel andcheck coolant reservoir which was almost empty. Topped that up and off on the road, 30 minutes later... 'Coolant level low' and upon topping up found black oil in the coolant! Thought the worst, trudged home topping up every half hour and luckily got it into a garage the following day or so and had cooler replaced and other bits done. Had various problems since with the car going into limp mode, drivers side air vents jammed so I only get hot air out (not bad this time of year but needs sorting if I keep the car), turbo actuator replaced ( 3 weeks in between getting this done and the car going into fault again), infotainment system switching itself off or not coming and not seeing ignition on even though the car is driving??? Amongst other things...... one more chance then it's going in for a Superb Estate!! Love the car mind, 70+mpg which is ideal for the miles I do.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Gutted to hear you've had bother with your Octavia. Your best shot is putting a post in the Octavia MkIII section for further help.

Welcome to the forums, however. :hi:

Just a quick intro. I have spent hours trawling through the Octavia MkIII forum looking at existing posts which cover some of the problems I have and have had. Brilliant resource this forum. Once I am back on dry land and I've seen whether there are any more issues I will start relevant topics to pick brains.

• Like 1