How do you?

Our 2013 Skoda Elegance Fabia 1.2 TSI has a couple quirks I’d like to change:

1) I’d like to press the unlock button on the key fob just ‘once’ to have all the doors unlock. Right now one press only unlocks the drivers door. It takes two presses to unlock everything else.

2) I’d like the 12v accessory socket at the front (between the seats) to disconnect power to anything plugged in when I turn off the ignition. This has been a useful feature for my satnav on previous cars, whereas it stays on permanently on the Fabia.

This next one isn’t a quirk as such, more seeking info/advice. I want to get a single electrics tow bar fitted to tow a small 2 berth caravan. Any gotchas/issues I need to be aware of on the Fabia?

To change the locking you will need to code the vehicle using VCDS or similar.

A dealer can also do it for you, but will be costly, look on VCDS / vagcom map to see if anyone local can help.

Cigarette lighter would have to be wired to a new supply off terminal 15 (ignition) to do what you want.

Towbar should be no issue, all down to budget what bar and who does it.

6 hours ago, UrbanPanzer said:

To change the locking you will need to code the vehicle using VCDS or similar.

A dealer can also do it for you, but will be costly, look on VCDS / vagcom map to see if anyone local can help.

Cigarette lighter would have to be wired to a new supply off terminal 15 (ignition) to do what you want.

Towbar should be no issue, all down to budget what bar and who does it.

Thank you:-)