Rear electric windows removed from SE trim

AJ89

We ordered our Kamiq SE in February 2021 and it arrived July 2021, we love it! A friend wanted to know if they are good to own so I was looking at the latest spec and prices;

It looks like electric windows in the rear has been removed from SE trim but the price has gone up? 

image.thumb.png.82b49d239047526b568ad4c08e6f85ba.png

I have confirmed with my dealer that yes the rear windows are now manual. I am leasing mine and the contract hire guy is not in until Monday so I will find out what has happened to my order then.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kental said:

I have confirmed with my dealer that yes the rear windows are now manual. I am leasing mine and the contract hire guy is not in until Monday so I will find out what has happened to my order then.

Thanks for confirming. That is shocking!

I can see on the spec the only model that has electric windows in rear is SE L

22 hours ago, AJ89 said:

Thanks for confirming. That is shocking!

I can see on the spec the only model that has electric windows in rear is SE L

The Monte Carlo has electric rear windows too.

With heavy heart, as it is now confirmed, I am looking to cancel my Kamiq order.  This is just one spec drop too far.  I appreciate it is only a small thing, but on top of the 2020/21 spec drops, it just makes for too little compared to the price.  Thank you all for the information.

Edited by Kental
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Kental said:

With heavy heart, as it is now confirmed, I am looking to cancel my Kamiq order.  This is just one spec drop too far.  I appreciate it is only a small thing, but on top of the 2020/21 spec drops, it just makes for too little compared to the price.  Thank you all for the information.

I don't blame you Kental what alternative will you look to order?

• 1 month later...

Seriously?! I ordered a Kamiq in nov for April delivery- it clearly isn’t coming in April but I don’t want one with windy windows!  Surely that’s grounds to cancel my order with no loss?

On 01/02/2022 at 21:14, Kental said:

Hen did u order ur Kamiq? And despite ordering with elec windows Theh aren’t providing them?!

I ordered in September, but what would be built would be a current SE spec with options, as electric rear windows are not available, they could not be added.

On 02/02/2022 at 14:17, Kental said:

Nothing ordered yet. My current lease I have until November, let’s hope the silly season dies down by then.

I take it They cancelled order at no cost? Have u ang proof that the original order has elec windows given it was standard spec?

2 minutes ago, Kental said:

I ordered in September, but what would be built would be a current SE spec with options, as electric rear windows are not available, they could not be added.

I’m appalled ! I don’t want a car for the 4 yrs that had windy windows ffs- I’m in a bmw now - call me as on bg all means but thats a step too far!

12 minutes ago, Scooby26 said:

I take it They cancelled order at no cost? Have u ang proof that the original order has elec windows given it was standard spec?

The garage cancelled with no issues or cost

12 minutes ago, Scooby26 said:

I’m appalled ! I don’t want a car for the 4 yrs that had windy windows ffs- I’m in a bmw now - call me as on bg all means but thats a step too far!

Same here, even though I hardly use the rear seats

3 minutes ago, Kental said:

Same here, even though I hardly use the rear seats

My kids do and I want to control windows to stop fighting ! It’s 2022- HAvent had wind down windows for 15 yrs!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scooby26 said:

Seriously?! I ordered a Kamiq in nov for April delivery- it clearly isn’t coming in April but I don’t want one with windy windows!  Surely that’s grounds to cancel my order with no loss?

Is yours SE spec? SEL executive and Monte Carlo still have electric rear windows 

Yes I ordered a 110 se in nov for April delivery - sun and privacy glass additions 

not that there’s a chance of April anyway!

Just now, Scooby26 said:

Yes I ordered a 110 se in nov for April delivery - sun and privacy glass additions 

USB! Not sun

10 minutes ago, Scooby26 said:

USB! Not sun

My order was a 110dsg SE in Energy Blue with adaptive cruise, front sensors & rear camera.

11 minutes ago, Scooby26 said:

USB! Not sun

Maybe the delay on mine was the dsg so if your car is planned it may have the electric rear windows 

6 minutes ago, Kental said:

My order was a 110dsg SE in Energy Blue with adaptive cruise, front sensors & rear camera.

Maybe the delay on mine was the dsg so if your car is planned it may have the electric rear windows 

I’ve had no time update- just get robbed off. The chap above suggests they. Pe can’t add elec windows to the line- I just want to know where I stand befire I ring up as I know the lease comp will be arsy

Just now, Scooby26 said:

I’ve had no time update- just get robbed off. The chap above suggests they. Pe can’t add elec windows to the line- I just want to know where I stand befire I ring up as I know the lease comp will be arsy

I was leasing mine direct through a franchised dealer and VWFS so got an actual Skoda order number. From memory the brochure changed mid December so your November order I assume would be the same as I was expecting re standard specification.