Headlight level switch

Morning everyone,

Quick question, on the 64 plate Octavia estate I have, the headlight level switch has no effect on the headlight position, I was thinking about starting cheap with a second hand switch so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there switch has any resistance when adjusting or clicks at each interval / level setting ( my Ford Ranger clicks into each adjustment setting so you can feel it) as mine almost 'free wheels' which makes me think the switch might be faulty?

Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, Stevolad said:

Morning everyone,

Quick question, on the 64 plate Octavia estate I have, the headlight level switch has no effect on the headlight position, I was thinking about starting cheap with a second hand switch so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there switch has any resistance when adjusting or clicks at each interval / level setting ( my Ford Ranger clicks into each adjustment setting so you can feel it) as mine almost 'free wheels' which makes me think the switch might be faulty?

Thanks in advance

Mine "free wheels".

19 minutes ago, ords said:

Mine "free wheels".

Thanks for the prompt reply mate, much appreciated. I'll have to investigate further when I get back on dry land then if that's how they are when they are working...... I assume they have a motor for them, i'll see if there's a fuse for that that may have blown.

• Thanks 1