Apple wireless carplay

Lee_P

So I finally picked up my new octavia SE estate this morning, after ordering mid July 2021, so not too bad a wait on the scale

of things.

Really please with the car on the drive home but having an issue wiith apple CarPlay.

I can connect my phone over Bluetooth but can’t get carplay to work wirelessly. Will try with a cable later. 

on selecting CarPlay on the infotainment it asks to switch Wi-Fi on on the infotainment system for it to work - A pop up appear asking to switch Wi-Fi on but it doesn't seem to do anything? I also can’t find any setting in the menu to do with Wi-Fi? 

Wi-Fi is on on my phone.

any ideas to switch on Wi-Fi and get wireless carplay to work? I am right in thinking i should have wireless car play? 

The dealer wasn’t much help either, I asked about this and was told it would work after setting myself up as the primary user but after having done this there is no change? 

Any help appreciated.

thanks 

Welcome to your new car. Hope you enjoy it…

Wireless CarPlay should work fine, it was designed to be that way.

When I set up mine I didn’t bother with the Bluetooth connection first, rather went in to the Smartlink menu and selected CarPlay option (as opposed to Android Auto or Mirrorlink). The car then enabled the connections and I just followed the prompts.

hope that helps!