Left rear light - both boot and main not working

Hello,

On my MIII Superb the rear left hand side boot and main lights have stopped working - indicator and brake work fine.

It was flickering, bringing up warning on dash, but has now died. As it's both (boot and main) I figure it may be a fuse, where would I check this please.

Any other thoughts would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Richard.

16441453328403094175930668768287.jpg

Ok - update that might help someone out one day...

Water ingress - lots of it, has got to the LEDs.

Important to note that the boot light only illuminates if the main light is working.

I removed both light fittings and swapped them over - this confirmed supply was good, also the boot light illuminated.

Also - fuse for each side controls both the front and rear lights.

Thank.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - update that might help someone out one day...

Water ingress - lots of it, has got to the LEDs.

Important to note that the boot light only illuminates if the main light is working.

I removed both light fittings and swapped them over - this confirmed supply was good, also the boot light illuminated.

Also - fuse for each side controls both the front and rear lights.

Thank.

Hi there

I'm having the same isue at the moment. Thread:

Can't see lots of water ingress though.

Do you mind if I ask a couple of questions?

1.when you say:

Do you mean you disconnected the working left hand side lights and plugged them in on the right? Did you do this for both the inner and outer sections or just the outer?

2. Was the fault with the inner section on the boot or the main outer section?

3. How did you fix the issue? Did you buy a new unit? If so where from?

Thanks

Hi,

1 - Yes, removed both outer fittings so I could use the LH working fitting on the RH side. Obviously won't fit in the hole, but same connector. When did this this inner (boot) light also came back on.

2 - Outer, I didn't spot water ingress until I had it out of car and moved it around.

3 - eBay second hand £80, a bit annoying, but worked perfectly and is now sorted.

Let me know if I can help further.

Cheers.

1 - Yes, removed both outer fittings so I could use the LH working fitting on the RH side. Obviously won't fit in the hole, but same connector. When did this this inner (boot) light also came back on.

2 - Outer, I didn't spot water ingress until I had it out of car and moved it around.

3 - eBay second hand £80, a bit annoying, but worked perfectly and is now sorted.

Let me know if I can help further.

That's really helpful, many thanks