Drivers front window mech crunchy.

Raker

First it's the poxy throttle body and now this!  Window won't travel up or down.  Motor engages but there's a nasty crunchy noise which I'm assuming is the cable wrapped up in the gearing/mechanism.

Has anyone got any experience of repairing this at all?  Part, removing panel etc...

2018 car ffs.  Should have lasted longer than this.... 

Hi,

Yeah my drivers window was doing this last year, my local independent garage fixed it by replacing the regulator however when asked if it was something I could have done myself they said "Possibly but it was a right ba@&*$!#!"  he mentioned the panelling is glued in places so was horrible to get perfectly back in place, however he believed later models used the standard clips, mine was 2015 so you might be okay with doing it yourself.

Sorry its not a guide to actually fix.

My drivers side window regulator broke one month before the warranty expired last October. I believe it was over £200 to repair by the dealer if out of warranty.

A good independent should be able to fix it for a lot less maybe?

Mine's a 2018 too.

Edited by RickW

Thanks for this guys.  I'm likely to have a crack at it myself.  I managed an older Passat - but to be fair there were dozens of walkthroughs about!  Can't seem to find any for a Mk3 Fabby though! 

• Like 1