Random spring found in passenger footwell??

Hi guys, found a random spring this morning in the footwell of my Mk1 Octavia vrs! Seat still works fine and moves as normal in all directions and cant see this spring on the drivers side either!? 

any ideas would be appreciated! Cheers

6D9D5E73-6892-4DEC-BC9D-8932A4D7510A.jpeg

4 hours ago, powwow1109 said:

Thanks mate… just went out n checked but all sear belt tensioners working fine. Maybe was fixed by previous owner and old one left under the seat 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems I was wrong, but just for info, a seat belt pre-tensioner is not the reel that retracts the belt, it is an explosive pyrotechnic charge that goes off in conjunction with the airbag to pull your body firmly against the seat, not something that you want to be checking the operation of!

• Like 1

I think that mine just got thrown in the back with all the other random bits I found that had fallen off or fixings I forgot to refit etc.

It never seemed to make any difference to the seat adjustment, I think its purpose might have been to assist in moving the seat forwards while adjusting, most of us use our core muscles to do it as we always have done.

Thanks boys and cheers for the pics Lyminton 👍🏼 I’ll check it out. One of the hooks is snapped so if missing will have to find a replacement… quick look on ebay and there’s a pair from the US for £40 delivered..Sounds a bit pricey to me