Wheelcare... or wheel don't care?

Statto

Hi folks. Just posting on here to warn others about using this company based in Bury St Edmund's. Poor quality work, aggressive customer service and biggest waste of £80 per wheel.

Took 2 18"diamond cut VW Cadiz alloys in for full refurbishment. Dropped off one Monday last August and got a call on Wednesday to say the wheels were ready. Strange given you're told a full diamond cut refurb takes 4 days. And mine were ready after 2 days.  Was not happy with the finish, as the straight line diamond cut effect was more jagged edge (see join between black and silver surfaces in photos). Also note the orange peel effect on one of the spokes. General manager inspected alloys and said they were the best they could do, so I reluctantly accepted.

Due to the finish that doesn't match the 2 original, non-refurbished alloys, I've been embarrassed to put them on the car, so have been using one of the refurbished alloys as a full size spare, as I have another set of 19" alloys on the car.

Had reason to use the refurbished alloy last week when one of my 19" tyres got a puncture. Only had it on the car for less than a week and already corrosion is setting in under the lacquer (see photos).

Took the wheels back to the company today who said that their work is only guaranteed for 6 months and they'd be a cost for them to work on them again. Given that a diamond cut alloy can only be refurbished once or twice, there is no way I would let them anywhere near the alloy again.

Avoid like the plague. In hindsight I wish I'd used Lepsons in Kent.20220223_163944.thumb.jpg.615ee7350e0e2844f7eaed9d17a17d3b.jpg20220223_164052.thumb.jpg.13f2bbac357394879574c3ecd79b257a.jpg20220223_164012.thumb.jpg.819a4d7da51231742e80e344f9a9c3a4.jpg