Columbus nav

Just picked up my new Sportline Plus to replace my 19 plate one and what the hell have Skoda done to the nav and software!!! Nowhere near as good or user friendly now as it was on my 19 plates system. A bit disappointed to be fair……

There's a few threads on here about how bad the MIB III is. If your vehicle is brand new, at least you should have the latest version of software - it's far better than the dog I got on mine a year ago (mine's since been updated by dealer).

• Like 1

Yes, there was an update in late 2021. It won’t change the overall functionality and look and feel of the system. But the update is more stable - mine was locking on mute and sometimes making strange sounds previously, and is now fixed. It was updated for free under warranty by the Skoda dealer. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fencer said:

Yes, there was an update in late 2021. It won’t change the overall functionality and look and feel of the system. But the update is more stable - mine was locking on mute and sometimes making strange sounds previously, and is now fixed. It was updated for free under warranty by the Skoda dealer. 

What is the software version after that update? Can look then to see if mine is on that one at least.

it is truly horrendous and had I known some of what I’ve seen and found out about it over the past couple of days I would have seriously thought twice about changing and stopping with my previous one 😢

• Like 1

On the MIB III Columbus you’re looking for software release ver 0278.

And yes completely agree. I previously had a MY19 Sportline with Columbus 2.5 and it was far better to use than the new one. Unfortunately I didn’t get a choice about updating it, as that vehicle was written off by an SUV running a red light into me, and the MY21 vehicle is a replacement under insurance.

Edited by fencer
  • Like 1

Thanks it’s already running software ver 0278, so I guess I’m just going to have to put up with it being what it is. 

Annoying as I feel like I’ve taken a step back with moving to the newer Superb from the older one. There’s other stuff you can’t do that I’ve now noticed, like changing the colour of the LED strips on the dash and doors. You now can’t do that yourself and choose from a colour list, it’s colour is now only changed by what driving mode you are in!! 

No, you can still still individually change the colours of the interior LED ambient lighting, no matter the driving mode. There's a setting buried in the menus to not link it to the driving mode. 

The same thing happened to me when I first got my vehicle and I was cursing it, but after some patient checking through menus and sub-menus I found it could be de-linked permanently.

• Like 1

Can you, where is the option to do that now hidden?

As when I go to option in vehicle settings for background lighting where it used to live if I click on the 3 coloured circles to change the ambient colour it just puts up a message that says “colour determined by driving mode selected”

on another note, cars been taken back to dealers this morning for them to look at the issue of not being able to set up a primary user, so we’ll see……

Can’t believe Skoda have thrown away literally everything that was excellent about the mib 2.5 system and thrown mib 3 together, they should have at least used the other as a starting point for moving on from. A massive step backwards on an otherwise excellent car it seems. Really disappointing and frustrating.

On your centre display select: Vehicle > Background Lighting >

Once in the Background Lighting screen, go to the drop-down menu top right and select: Manual

(It comes default set to Automatic, which then links it to driving mode. Another dumb-ism of MIB III...)

Once you're in Manual, you can permanently select the colour you prefer, and the brightness etc (brightness is bottom right next to the colour selection spectrum).

IMG_3148.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks buddy, that’s great info and a silly little thing that you wouldn’t really think they’d set it to but I suppose anything is seeming possible with this mib 3 system so far!

Will look at this when I get the car back from the dealers, they haven’t been able to fix the not being able to set up a primary user issue as yet…….

Thanks for the info fencer, got the car back from the dealers today after them fighting for 2 days to get the primary user issue sorted and I’ve now sorted the LED background lighting now too 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

14 minutes ago, fencer said:

Great. It's always good to have some small wins against MIB III 😉

Thanks buddy 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Another question. On my previous Superb with mib 2.5 it was easy to find the option to download a destination I had sent to the car from the Connect app, how there’ll ROI do that in the car now????? Sent a destination from the app that is waiting to download in the car but can I find the option to do that in the car now, can I hell!!!

10 hours ago, Jayd said:

how there’ll ROI do that in the car now?????

That bit was supposed to read “how the hell do I do that in the car now” 😂😂😂😂

only just noticed that spell check had changed it to something illegible this morning, don’t drink and post I guess then 😂😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Patent said:

I didn't even know that was a feature! I've sent a destination to the car for the morning, I'll let you know how I get on

Yeah, it’s an option in the Connect app and says in the blurb it can be done, just like you could on MIB 2.5, but for the life of me I can’t find how to get the destination in the car that I sent from the app. Was easy on the MIB 2.5 system!

Hasn’t done that in mine. Sent a destination yesterday afternoon and was looking through the options for how to retrieve it in the car and couldn’t find anything and still hasn’t arrived in the car like yours has automatically. Damn am I frustrated with this new MIB 3 system.

The MIB3 isn't great, I have my own issues with it, I'm waiting for the first service to raise them.

I'm not sure where you park your car in relation to your house, but if you're able to connect it to your home WiFi, you may find some of these bits are faster