VC OBD11 Help

These bytes relate to the model spec code. There is a chart online that lists a lot of them including Skoda.

I don’t have it to hand but if you do some research online you’ll find it, I believe it was a polish or Russian website

6 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

These bytes relate to the model spec code. There is a chart online that lists a lot of them including Skoda.

I don’t have it to hand but if you do some research online you’ll find it, I believe it was a polish or Russian website

I have looking for a while without any luck I’m afraid. If you have the link that’s would much appreciated.

Okay so what ive found

Byte 2 - Bit 3-6 are for vehicle variant. 

08 - Vehicle variant 1 - combi

Thats for the estate version, maybe try variant 2 and so on to see what one is the hatch.

15 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

Okay so what ive found

Byte 2 - Bit 3-6 are for vehicle variant. 

08 - Vehicle variant 1 - combi

Thats for the estate version, maybe try variant 2 and so on to see what one is the hatch.

Thanks for info but I’m confused now as byte 2 only allows me to select or deselect the existing bits.

also, 08 is that the byte number?

I found an option for vehicle variant without changing any of the coding but doesn’t allow to select the second option

DBB9AA56-B6BD-43B4-B10A-75D42A410394.png

0233E2FB-8EA5-4C11-B384-261D6D78B191.png

6 hours ago, New2018 said:

Thanks for info but I’m confused now as byte 2 only allows me to select or deselect the existing bits.

also, 08 is that the byte number?

I found an option for vehicle variant without changing any of the coding but doesn’t allow to select the second option

DBB9AA56-B6BD-43B4-B10A-75D42A410394.png

0233E2FB-8EA5-4C11-B384-261D6D78B191.png

You can only select and deselect because thats all a bit is, a 1 or a 0. on or off.

A byte is made up of 8 bits, so each bit can be 0 or 1, meaning you could have 00000000 through to 11111111

When i say bits 3-6 make the variant up i mean the following 000XXXX0 the 4 X's are your bits 3-6 (the first bit is always called 0, not 1) and the first bit is always on the right of the byte

then between these 4 X bits you can make up to 17 number combinations. so 08 would be ???0001?

Thats the basics of bits and bytes and long coding. So if you used vcds you would get a drop down menu to make it easy to select the options, might not give a good description but will give you a max of 17 options, whatever software youre using isnt gonna be that simple, instead youre gonna have to just experiment with them to see what luck you get. 

Give this a try 00001001

Edited by ApertureS
  • Like 1