Navigation "compass" greyed out

Hi All

I have attached a picture to see if anyone can help me.

I wonder if anyone can please tell me, why my compass is greyed out.

And also could someone please let me know what the red symbol is at the top of the screen.

Many thanks in advance

NAV PICTURE.jpeg

10 hours ago, john999boy said:

The red globe means no internet connection.

Is it really "No internet connection" or rather "No satellite connection" to get GPS signal and correct position? 🤔 

Edited by Bap33

1 hour ago, Bap33 said:

Is it really "No internet connection" or rather "No satellite connection" to get GPS signal and correct position? 🤔 

Definitely no internet connection.

Nothing to do with GPS signal.

12 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

why my compass is greyed out.

You're  in South Wales, yes? In that case, I think the grey compass is "no GPS connection" and is also a warning that your map is neither aligned on true North nor on direction of travel. Compare your screen dump with, say, Bing maps centred on Raglan (when North is "up").

The Red globe is no data/internet connection to the car. For the greyed out compass icon, if you press the “centralise/locate car” icon, the second one down, the map should locate the car to the centre of the screen and also bring the compass icon back live.

Hi thanks for your message. Yes I have tried ..the function of "north oriented" map is no longer available

8 hours ago, KenONeill said:

You're  in South Wales, yes? In that case, I think the grey compass is "no GPS connection" and is also a warning that your map is neither aligned on true North nor on direction of travel. Compare your screen dump with, say, Bing maps centred on Raglan (when North is "up").

The problem has been there for a couple of months. I live in France and was over for the rugby. The map works fine and follows route guidance.

GPS is working I think . Map centering is working fine. Thanks for your message though,it's a strange, puzzeling problem.

7 hours ago, Jayd said:

The Red globe is no data/internet connection to the car. For the greyed out compass icon, if you press the “centralise/locate car” icon, the second one down, the map should locate the car to the centre of the screen and also bring the compass icon back live.

The recentering of the car/map ,does not bring the compass icon back on. It remains greyed out.Loads of GPS coverage here in Wales . I live in France, and recently drove the car to Spain,it's not a GPS positioning error. thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, Welshbloke said:

The recentering of the car/map ,does not bring the compass icon back on. It remains greyed out.Loads of GPS coverage here in Wales . I live in France, and recently drove the car to Spain,it's not a GPS positioning error. thanks for the reply.

No worries buddy 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Was just a thought because on mine if I’ve zoomed out or scrolled somewhere away from the car on the map that compass icon is not available until I’ve re-cantered the car again.

1 hour ago, Welshbloke said:

Loads of GPS coverage here in Wales .

Yeah; my last was based on it being well known that there are GPS "dead zones" in the Welsh valleys, some for no accountable reason.