Skoda Octavia mk4 Digital Instrument Display

When the 'Classic' selection is made on the digital instrument display, the rev counter and speedometer show their numerals as much less bright than the rest of the display, except for the '10' of the rev counter which is  the same brightness as the rest of the displayl.  Is this normal?  If it isn't, is there a simple way to fix it or will it be back to the agents again for another 'diagnostic' and fix.  Any help welcome.  My agents won't offer any advice over the phone and want me to 'pop' in, for them to take a look.  A round trip of one and a half hours!

• Like 1

Yup!  Just been out for a drive and found the same thing.  Hadn't realised this before as I've hardly driven the car much.  Had too many glitches that needed sorting with diagnostics since I bought the car, so I'm not entirely sure what's right and what's wrong yet when something unusual crops up.

Anyway, thanks very much for the confirmation that all's well Skody123.  Much appreciated. 

Now to get to grips with the oddities of the air-con system!

2 hours ago, Skody123 said:

On my car, as the Speedo and Rev counter move clockwise, the speed and revs are lit behind the needle up as you go faster - is that what yours does?

Really!? I'm about 9000 miles in and never noticed that!  🙄

My excuse is that I usually just look at the big numerical display in the centre rather than the dials.

Come on guys, I'm still waiting for my car and I knew about this "feature"... 😉

Have a look at this drive test - the "visual effect" you mention here is visible starting at minute 13:40 - dashboard image is shown as inset: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SkOmk4 said:

Come on guys, I'm still waiting for my car and I knew about this "feature"... 😉

Have a look at this drive test - the "visual effect" you mention here is visible starting at minute 13:40 - dashboard image is shown as inset: 

haha - sounds like the OP has never managed to reach the giddy heights of 2000rpm…

On 14/03/2022 at 15:56, sneal said:

Really!? I'm about 9000 miles in and never noticed that!  🙄

My excuse is that I usually just look at the big numerical display in the centre rather than the dials.

Had a closer look this morning, and yes, the numbers behind the needle on the dials are brighter. One of those modern things that I never knew I needed 😂