Photo of dashcam in Kamiq please.

cestrian

I am considering fitting a dashcam to my Kamiq. It would be helpful if someone who has done this could post a photo showing its position in their Kamiq.

Edited by cestrian

No photo, but I have a Nextbase up tight under the left hand side of the rear view mirror. The cable is routed under the roof trim, down the pillar and hard wired via a piggy back fuse into the fuse box on the drivers side with access gained via a small side panel normally hidden when the door is closed.  The wire is hardly visible via this route, though be careful with the spring fittings on the panel you have to remove, they can easily drop into the void. 
You will need a mini blade piggy back fuse and if I remember correctly you use the fuse for rear wipers, the number is easily found with a goggle search. 

Edited by DazmorgUK

Thank you for the photos and the time and effort taken. Much appreciated. Looks really neat. The photos are very good. I wasn't going to bother with a rear camera but an idiot HGV driver changed my mind on the M53 yesterday. I agree with having them as an option. 

• Like 1