Skoda Kodiaq

Dbv86

New here so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place! Last week I entered into a PCP for a Skoda Kodiaq, got lucky that somebody had cancelled an order that was ready to ship and was ok with the optional extras they have chose.

One thing that has bugged me slightly is that I asked the dealer if I could have the virtual cockpit installed once it arrived, this is an option I would have chose if I had the chance. He’s told me this just isn’t possible, is this true? He’s also advised the vehicle is at “status 38” and should be leaving Czech to arrive in the UK via train before the end of the month, does this ring true for you guys or am I being spun a salesman’s yarn?

I’ve ended up with a Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TSI SE L executive in white with the panoramic sunroof and virtual pedal if anyone is interested. Will be happy to join you as a Skoda owner in a few weeks, fingers crossed!

Hi

i think the official answer is that it is not possible, so what the dealer has told you is correct. However I seem to remember when the V C first came out a chap in Cz had a YouTube video of him doing exactly what you want on an older Kodiaq. However, this would no doubt impact on your warranty etc as half the instrument panel had to be removed and so on. Also, it would have been the MIB2 Columbus unit not MIB3. I’m sure you will be able to locate it. I have the VC in my L&K and it works fine, albeit the customisation options are not as easy or extensive as some people want.. it was not an option on my old 2018. SEL and I think it’s a good innovation.

Yeah dealer is telling you the truth. I ordered VC on mine as I’ve never had one and think the standard instrument dials are a bit pants in the Kodiaq. But yeah I don’t think it’s end of the world really not to have it. The Audi ones are the best the Skoda one is a bit rubbish by comparison to be honest. 

1 hour ago, iwb100 said:

The Audi ones are the best the Skoda one is a bit rubbish by comparison to be honest.

As with most things... the Skoda one is the Audi one from about 2 generations ago. The tech trickles down eventually... if you want the latest and greatest, go buy an Audi* but be prepared to pay for it.

*actually, go buy a Merc S-Class... I laughed when Peugeot started advertising 'night vision' on their cars a couple of years ago - the S-Class had it about 20 years ago. There was a good Top Gear segment on it with JC saying "If you want to know what tech your car will have in 10 years, look at the S-Class of today" (or something along those lines). No idea if that still holds true to that extent... guess it depends on what you're comparing it with.

</off-topic>

Back to the topic - as everyone else has said, the VC is a factory fit option, and whilst it may be possible to retrofit one, no dealer is going to do it (unless completely unofficially!) and it would almost certainly invalidate the warranty, at least for anything you touch whilst doing it.

Edited by Yogi-Bear
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

As above, the dealer is not going to do this. From a purely technical standpoint it is absolutely possible to do it - an independent retrofitter will be happy to charge you somewhere in the region of £1,100+ for it (it's an expensive part, and there is a reasonable amount of work involved in the job). But, as has been pointed out, it will almost certainly be used as an excuse by the dealer not to carry out any future warranty work. 

The 2.0 TSI is a lovely engine. Enjoy your car, you'll soon forget about the VC

Edited by Teir

Thanks for the replies guys, nice to know the dealer is telling me the truth and there’s no way I’ll void warranty to retrofit the VC. Maybe next time.

The S Class is definitely out of my price range currently, moving from a C Class to the Skodiaq due to having another child. The Mercedes range of SUV’s are quite pricey so I went hunting for alternatives and the Kodiaq just felt like the right choice to be honest, would have been nice to spec my own but much prefer the short wait with taking somebody’s cancelled order and settling for their options sloppy seconds.