What's the difference here?

aurora

Hi,

I'm currently looking at the 2018 Superb 2.0 TSI 272 SportLine DSG 4WD. When looking around I've noticed that some have different infotainment layouts, is one newer than the other or is there an option that determines this?

For example, both cars the same year and model etc however one has 2 circular buttons on the infotainment and buttons either side of the screen and another has no circular buttons? They both claim to have Navigation etc so I'm a bit lost.

choose files...spacer.png

spacer.png

Many thanks

Skoda, I believe, have four different variations of their infotainment screens / layout / system:

• Swing
  • Bolero
  • Amundsen
  • Columbus

I think the choice of model / spec (SE, SEL, Sport Line, etc) determines which system comes as standard. For example, in my Karoq Sport Line I have the Amundsen system, which has the two knobs same as your photo above.

You could do a bit of Googling or check owners manuals, etc to read up on the different systems.

Links:

https://skoda-iaa2017.presskitservice.com/skoda-karoq-skoda-connect-and-infotainment-at-the-top-of-its-segment-always-online-with-skoda-connect/

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-kits/the-new-skoda-kodiaq-press-kit/connectivity-advanced-infotainment/?state=OK&aid=80828d27-d3f2-4cd6-99ef-c5b7462117b7

There are also different generations of each of them, which are referred to as MIB1, MIB2 and MIB3.

Some differences between generations:

MIB1 versions do not support CarPlay or Android Auto.

MIB1 & MIB2 versions have map updates locally via USB and/or SD card but MIB3 versions have map updates over the air (OTA).