Dab vs FM2

Hello is dab the same thing as FM2.

I´m asking this because i´m retrofiting tv tuner  and on the amplifiers comunications pdf (see below) there is no dab,  only fm2. Now  i know i have bought fm2\tv amplifier (the color is rouge) i think it shoud be black but can i connect it to the dab in the radio ? Are they the same internaly ?

Škoda Superb III - Communication _ PDFs Free Online.pdf

Based on the wiring diagram for a similar Octavia, R108 is both FM2 and DAB with separate connections for each function.

I'd expect the DAB fakra to be black and the FM2 fakra to be one half of the dual white fakra - at least on the headunit side.

R109 would be AM/FM and provide the second half for the dual white fakra. I think some R109 can also provide TV signal, I'd expect a separate fakra for it :)

56 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Based on the wiring diagram for a similar Octavia, R108 is both FM2 and DAB with separate connections for each function.

I'd expect the DAB fakra to be black and the FM2 fakra to be one half of the dual white fakra - at least on the headunit side.

R109 would be AM/FM and provide the second half for the dual white fakra. I think some R109 can also provide TV signal, I'd expect a separate fakra for it :)

In the superb tv comes from  double white (am\fm\tv), double black ( dab\ tv) and a green one (tv) , in some audi like the q7 or tt instead of  double black they use double purple (fm2\tv)  and a single black for dab.

Aparently i should have bought the double black but bought purple  are they internaly the same ? 

The external coloured part of the fakra is just a 'key' to make sure it only fits the same coloured connector.

The internal wire can be various grades of shielded cable designed for a set of RF frequencies, It can even be a multi core cable for USB or display purposes.

I've no idea which kind of cable is fitted to yours or if it's suitable for TV signals I'm afraid - you should check which cable spec has been used and what it's suitable for :)

35 minutes ago, langers2k said:

The external coloured part of the fakra is just a 'key' to make sure it only fits the same coloured connector.

The internal wire can be various grades of shielded cable designed for a set of RF frequencies, It can even be a multi core cable for USB or display purposes.

I've no idea which kind of cable is fitted to yours or if it's suitable for TV signals I'm afraid - you should check which cable spec has been used and what it's suitable for :)

If the only diference is the color of the fakra my connectors ( the ones i bought) is Z fits all colors, if the amplifiers are all same on the inside i would not need to buy the black one. You see i already put it in its place  under the headliner witch is a pita of a job to remove .

Edited by Camarao69