Hello from the Land of Milk'N'Beans

Bad-Grandpa

Hi all, just joined here as I've purchased the ultimate Grandad car.

Having a bit of a commute to work means my 2.0litre  220ps daily is costing quite abit to use so Iwas looking for a cheap daily with decent mpg just to do the work run.

I've picked up a 2006 Fabia 6Y TDI Elegance , 90k miles full history one owner. Its finished in what I believe is Flamanco Red.

Full Grandad spec , which is quite coincedental as I am a Grandad, yes I know that makes me old but I am a young(ish) Grandad.

I've also got in the fleet a 2016 Scirocco GTS, Porsche Boxster 3.2S and a Ford Galaxy for carting the grand offspring round when on Taxi diuties as well as an early Triumph Speed Triple for re-living my youth.

Been messing about with  cars and bikes for over 40 years, I did mention that I am old, so hope to be able to contribute as well as learn form the site.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to Briskoda. I've also got a 2006 Fabia in presumably the same colour, if yours is also Flamenco Red like you think. I don't know what that says about me, it's in budget Grandad spec, mind you. So no heated seats here. :D

20220325_084617.thumb.jpg.c9eea435e035a4135a0ea003b8ad003e.jpg

Hi , yes Flamenco red indeed, heated seats, air con, parking sensors. All the stuff old people need!

Car isn't here at home at the moment, stored at work as I have to sort parking of the fleet out first.

I am doing some little mods to it such as slightly bigger wheels, 15",  lower springs (-30mm) and uprate the brakes using Vrs hubs and calipers and a +30bhp re-map. But that can wait.

I'm going for the OAP sleeper style :)

I'm embracing the elderly theme so have a small nodding dog on order............

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Good spec there then! I've got the air con and some aftermarket parking sensors on mine. Got a small plushie Collie dog and a Y2K Tesco bug on the parcel shelf of mine, full spec there. :D

15 minutes ago, Bad-Grandpa said:

I am doing some little mods to it such as slightly bigger wheels, 15",  lower springs (-30mm) and uprate the brakes using Vrs hubs and calipers and a +30bhp re-map. But that can wait.

Mine are 15s too. It would be a good Q-Car/Sleeper and definitely worth a project thread on it's own! :)