Correct timing tool kit

Hi everyone, 

I am planning to change the timing belt and water pump on my 2.0cr tdi (cffb) mk2 superb and am looking for the appropriate timing tool kit, please could someone recommend me a kit as I have heard that some of the tools for the crankshaft in some kits have markings in the wrong place.

Many thanks in advance.

There are two different crankshaft locking tools which have the timing marks in different places and look very similar and aren't interchangeable.  VW OEM numbers T10050 & T10100 but only one of them will fit your belt crank teeth properly. So unless you know which tool number fits your engine probably less hassle buying both. You will also need two correct diameter pins to lock the fuel pump and camshaft.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115320769744?hash=item1ad9a74cd0:g:uK8AAOSwuyNiRWhk

I bought a cheap VAG group timing tool kit set several years ago which I've used numerous times. The last time I used it was on my 2.0 CFGB in my Superb  which is pretty much the same as your 2.0 CFFB engine but couldn't tell you which is T10050 or T10100 as the tool numbers are marked on the tools

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303490876705?epid=15047152124&hash=item46a9774521:g:yrIAAOSw7exhXQQt

Edited by Derbyshirebod

Thanks for the help, I've just bought a kit made by sealey which contains both tools as you suggested just to be on the safe side. I've checked on YouTube and the official skoda manuals and it doesn't look to bad to change the timing belt so all should go smoothly.

20220116_172345.thumb.jpg.0854d111a6d857eb404af21f0abac443.jpg 

Sorry in my last post I meant to say the tool numbers are NOT marked on the ones in my kit.

Belt changing procedure isn't that much different to the earlier 3 & 4 cylinder PD engine's except there's an additional roller and you have to lock the fuel pump.

Edited by Derbyshirebod