EPC Light + Oil warning disappear after engine turn on

Hey guys,

I just acquired a second hand skoda fabia mk3 2017. I noticed when I put the keys and turn the fob that all dashboard lights turn on after a couples of seconds all turn off except EPC and the oil check warning light which stay on. If I start the car (engine is running) then both epc and oil turn off... Is that normal ? I found one post that said so but couldn't really get why ...

Thanks a lot

IMG20220411211518.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply.

I just realize that’s the engine light not oil. So if I understand you correctly that light is supposed to be on at that stage and the fact it disappears after the engine starts running is normal.

• Like 1

Yellow Oil Can is Low Oil, & Red Can light is low oil pressure. They do not check with other lights / symbols on the dash. 

PS.

Have you checked the Oil level cold since getting the car and compared when hot/ @ operating temp with the engine stopped.

Just to know where that is now.

(If you ever get a low oil warning or low oil pressure be aware that if you open the bonnet and do nothing the warning will go out for 60 miles or so, 

so best run the correct quality of oil.)

Also check and set the tyre pressures and then reset the TPMS. 

Check where the coolant level is is now. 

Edited by roottoot

No I have not checked the oil. I actually just got it today ...

Actually, the light isn’t oil it’s engine right ( in the image attached ) ?

I’m really confused because a lot of people seem to say that that is the normal behavior and should disappear after engine turns on ...

• Like 1

You said the EPC & Engine light (Exhaust / Emissions control) are going out once the engine is started. So good.

(The OIl warning Lights do not show up as a test pre start or when running.)

Best check levels and tyres, and the wheel nut tightness etc, tool kit, spare wheel if you have one.

?

Is the servicing up to date, stuff done & how many miles has the car done?  EDIT, Sorry, how many km covered

Brake Fluid replaced or checked for H20, maybe Spark plugs changed, Pollen Filter, Air Filter checked or replaced etc. 

Not just showing as FMDSH or Full Service History. 

Edited by roottoot

This is standard on all cars... Its a system check and since the engine isn't running it cant do a full check of the engine and exhaust sensors. Once running they go out unless the system finds a fault. 

The Airbag / SRS light is the same, it illuminates while testing the system and goes off once complete, unless again a fault is found and it stays on.