Thanks for all the help and it's maybe goodbye

Hi thanks for all the help over the year and a half when I had my Skoda Octavia se 1.5 special black trim with a silver body just to report car was totally annihilated it in a collision on the 25th of March totally gutted only had 5,250 miles and was kept in OCD condition gutted full airbag deployment and seatbelt deployment cracked rib cage that's just one of the injuries of the Passengers myself car absorbed all the impact but was structurally annihilated but saved us might get another Skoda Octavia but my question as I'm leaving how different mechanically and engine wise is a 1.5 Skoda Superb been looking at the Sportline p.s. got all my money back I paid I had      gap    insurance but still very unhappy about losing my baby once again thanks everyone hopefully I will be back with another Skoda😎

Heya Diljit! Thanks for your post, and I'm sorry to hear what happened 😞 especially the injury. However, you're still here to tell the tale, which is the main thing. Testament I guess to the modern car's safety systems.

I would suggest (however, I am biased!) that you stick to Skoda. I've had nothing but Skodas for the last 12 years now, and they never fail to impress me. My current VRS Octavia is fabulous, reliable, cheap to maintain, fast, looks nice, massive practicality - what's not to like?

I hope you stay around, and good luck my friend!

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Thanks buddy this is why I like the Skoda community and I also like the Skoda manufacturer this forum is great as helped all that lot as I was a Vauxhall man for 36 years now now love the shape of the skodas just damn damn damn shame I lost my baby first crash I've had since I've been driving and I've been driving a long time yes true Testament to car safety car was annihilated passengers all walked out without minor injuries PS I hit another Skoda which was stationary on a motorway yes I have been looking at the VRS as well life is too short once again thank you for reply let you know what happens

• Like 2

Glad you got out relatively unscathed. The Superb is a heavier chassis so I wouldnt expect it to be as economical or as quick. However a remap can sort that out if needed.

I looked at swapping to a Superb L&K but was shocked as to how wide they are compared to the Octavia. I couldnt get one on my drive. Either way both are excellent cars.

• Love it! 1

Hi Diljit,

As the others have said, be happy you are here to tell the tale. It is a testament to modern car design and Euro NCAP pushing the manufacturers to improve passenger cell survivability that we have to thank for that, as well as the boys and girls back at the Skoda factory for putting the car together so well. I've dealt with some horrific RTCs in my time, seen wreckage that you couldn't believe anyone could possibly survive from, and yet they've often walked away with barely a scratch! I once had the embarrasing situation of attending an RTC on a dual carriageway, a car versus a lorry, and called it in as a "Smart Car", then my buddy walked over and said "Er, it was actually a Peugeot 406 big man!". So yes, be very thankful that you and your passengers were protected by your baby. I used to find at RTCs that people got so irate about their car being smashed, of course it was partly the shock of the incident, but the easiest way to put things in perspective was to say to them "Yes, but the car did the job it was designed to do: protect you and your passengers. And bear in mind, it can be replaced, you and your passengers cannot be replaced". That usually gave them food for thought.

As far as replacing it, well, I'm biased, I've been a Skoda owner since 2001, so only 21 years, and they are beginning to grow on me! 😆

Try and get a vRS if you can, the 2013-on model is definitely the pinnacle, especially if you can find one with a host of extras!

Good luck with whatever you go for, professional curiousity makes me want to ask how the incident happened, but it's probably better for you just to let it lie. The one thing I would say is get behind the wheel as quick as you can, a prang like that can sometimes dent your confidence.

Take care, stay safe.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice yes it was a bit of a moment in life does make you think life is precious one foot to the right I would have been fatal just to manage to turn left the last I am driving my son's BMW but an ultra vigilant I'm going to go and get a bit of a banger for a while not like me I have been very very very OCD about my cars  FOR  years yes the company Factor airbags and seatbelt with trainers help in the crash could have been a lot worse hopefully will be getting back in the saddle soon