Coming back to Skoda….

GrayedoutUK

1 hour ago, roottoot said:

OK.

So does the Service Record show the DSG serviced @ 40,000 miles? 

Been assured there are service records to show it was last done 7,000 miles ago but will check when I collect.

Shift was very smooth when I drove it.

2 hours ago, roottoot said:

@GrayedoutUK  @58,000 miles is fair enough if that was not the first and only time done.

But as long as there is a warranty and it covers the DSG then all should be good.

Brake fluid should have been changed once or maybe twice by now or at least checked for H20 content. 

Currently on 117,000 so better have been changed a couple of times before now!

• Like 1

I was looking at the 65,000 mile car, my bad. 

Is it the one with no Mot between 2019 until 2022?     

Just 3,000 miles done in that time and lots of miles done a few times in the past between MOT's.

(I know there was lockdown and no need to get a MOT)

Screenshot 2022-04-26 20.42.17.jpg

Edited by roottoot

14 hours ago, roottoot said:

(I know there was lockdown and no need to get a MOT)

That certainly wasn't true in England, the MOT validity date was extended by 6 months for MOTs due to expire between March 30th 2020, and July 31st 2020 but this was never repeated or extended.

Covid MOT Extension

• Thanks 1

Correctomundo.  That was long enough and cars laid up waiting for sales. People buying a car might normally want a new MOT before collecting it.   Lots of cars sat about, and some just go about with Trade Plates used. 

Many in the 6 month period were just changing hands with the MOT current on them.  It can account for 18 months between MOTs,. Or even 19.  Then some until a buyer comes along.     The car with the MOT history shown certainly was not clocking up many miles between MOTs in the past 2 years.  

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1