fabia exhaust or intercooler ?

will either an exhaust or intercooler void any of the warranty ?

Technically, any mod voids the warranty. Even a change of tyres from OEM spec, or putting a diesel additive in the fuel tank.

Think of it this way,

Would you prefer 3 years with a warranty and a good car

OR

Would you prefer to have the mods done and have an awesome car, and have a loada fun for the three years?

It's your choice. I know which one I'd make. ;)

Diesel additive for PD engines is specifically mentioned in the handbook as a 'dont do this'.

FMIC is more likely to void warranty than a different exhaust although it could be used as an excuse ;)

exhaust defo...:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: intercooler doesnt make much more differance:cool: i was getting 1 and was advised off by a top uk tuner:) :) have milltek and prob my best mod...with exeption off my big brake con.:thumbup: :thumbup:

intercooler doesnt make much more differance:cool: i was getting 1 and was advised off by a top uk tuner:) :)

I have to disagree with that, the facts are available in black and white that the differences in temperature with and without the FMIC are huge to say the least.

I think what some people expect with a FMIC on a diesel is more what you would get from a FMIC on a petrol, No you dont get any staggering increase in performance, some say none allthough i have seen RR graphs that prove otherwise, but what it does give you is the ability to sustain that performance rather than taking in warm air and reducing your overall performance, and is highly reccomended by a few top UK tuners!

The exhaust hardly gives you that staggering "Im glad i spent that money" feeling either to be honest, all i noticed was a bit of a perkier pickup and not a whole lot else.

Its horses for courses really, if i was spending the money all over again (Coming into summer in the back of my mind) i would with no doubt put the intercooler on first again.

Exhaust gives a slightly faster spoolup and nicer spoolup noises, the Milltek I've got seems to be very quiet most of the time, and not too extreme when booting it about. SWMBO didnt complain (she would have otherwise).

The FMIC went on as I had heatsoak last year + more smoke than I wanted (standard map at the time). The arch vent mod will help, FMIC is better for cooling though.

It's as BigW says though - unlike with a petrol, on the vRS Fabia bhp doesn't increase (much?) with the FMIC, but you can keep the power going for longer without trouble. I can cruise at very high speeds without any heatsoak now, which just wasn't the case before.

so if you suspension say, your warranty that covers any engine mishaps would be void ??

the intercooler/exhaust may have to wait a bit due to personal matters :( but will still be looking very hard into which i would perfer

Thanks again for all the replies :)

I had a milltek fitted well before the Forge FMIC. When I fitted the intercooler, I could really tell the difference. It's not about more power, but sustained power. When accelerating hard from 1st/2nd gear, I found that the acceleration continued well into 5th gear - things would be slowing down noticably at this point with the old SMIC. You wont notice much difference in the lower gears, but once you're up to cruising speed, the FMIC produces the results.

When I had the milltek fitted, although I liked the sound and the turbo did seem to spin up more rapidly (and loudly), I didn't feel as much benefit as with the intercooler...